15% unemployment 2010?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Wasn't referring to his "talk"... but other Youtube videos showing children singing songs praising him (or, is that "Him"?)

1. Of course he wouldn't "step over any bounds" in his first addressing of the youth... too many watching with critical eyes.

2. Likely there will be more such "addressings"... watch what they infer to impressionable minds once parents' guard is let down.

Obama is one bad, SOB... a pathological narcissist with a HUGE ego... thinks he can GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING... and so far, he's been given a pass on that... WORST kind of personality we could ever have as president in the USA..... even worse than Bush, if you can get your mind around THAT! If you accept and support him in any way, you are being fooled...

And as far as education... "staying in school", means graduating from HS. Unfortunately, that won't mean JACK in the employment market except to get a minimum wage job...thanks to "outsourcing" and "globalization".

Hope I'm proven wrong...

#21     Oct 2, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"The future gets much worse if we don't focus a LOT on education. "

the feely good education system in america hinders the US international competitiveness. the US spends considerably more than other countries on education. the results have been mediocre.

#22     Oct 2, 2009
  3. That's because American kids "go to school to do what?" Certainly isn't to develop their brains in any measure comparable to Asian and Indian kids.

I remember a college freshman orientation... where the guy said, "... don't just take basket weaving and all the easy courses... take this opportunity to EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN"...

School isn't worth much unless it's A LOT.. and DIFFICULT... If you don't agonize and "grind your brain", your education experience is mostly a waste. (Recalling calculus in college... my official class was in the early AM. There was also an evening class we were encouraged to sit in upon if desired... did it often.)

"Feely good education" isn't worth SHIT in a competive world... basically, babysitting.

#23     Oct 2, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

the president of theUS made a feely good presentation to the Olympic committee.

"Hoping to persuade the IOC to award Chicago the 2016 Olympics, Obama and his wife led a heartfelt and, at times, very personal plea Friday. Instead of stodgy technical details, discussions of finances or computer-generated graphics, Chicago took members inside the city to show why it should win the games.:"

chicago was knocked out on the 1st round.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...-in-first-round-of-voting-for-2016-Olympics.-

#24     Oct 2, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Don't worry guys, soon we'll have "cap & trade", a nice shiny new huge tax on production!

That should help us out. Everybody knows that huge taxes and massive wealth redistribution drives the economy straight up! Just look at the great success of the USSR!

#25     Oct 2, 2009
  6. China has no Cap and Trade so US companies will just send the remaining work over to China.

#26     Oct 2, 2009
  7. ashatet

ashatet

The government has to solve the high health care costs so that the companies can hire in US.

Then, it comes to the micro level, where people educate their kids and make them competitive. Right now, all kids are growing up to be beauty queens, managers, analysts and ball players. This has to change.

In all seriousness, does anyone really feel that any of this is going to happen anytime soon.

#27     Oct 2, 2009
  8. logikos

logikos

You forgot contestant on American Idol :cool:

#28     Oct 2, 2009
  9. hayman

hayman

I'm not talking about a progressive income tax....I'm actually a proponent of the flat tax. I'm certainly not advocating that the rich pay higher taxes, just a proportionate share. Too many "rich folk" seem to have the same luxury as Goldman Sachs, and that needs to stop.

#29     Oct 2, 2009
  10. So long as American tax policy is one of "higher taxes on an ever shrinking tax base", we are doomed... like sands through the hour glass.

Unfortunately, that's easy for politicos to do and easy to sell during election campaigns.

#30     Oct 2, 2009