15 Facts About China That Will Blow Your Mind

Discussion in 'Economics' started by electric yellow, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Please look up post-WWII debt-to-GDP ratio.

Arrogant Southerner? Sounds like quite the elitist comment. Which is ironic for an elitist to be calling somebody arrogant. Where are you from that is so great? Last I checked, the South is doing quite a bit better than the North.

In fact, to get very technical, wasn't it the financial institutions and politicians, all headquartered up North, who got us in to this mess? Stop using childish arguments.

#31     Mar 7, 2010
  2. Now go ahead and teach Random.Capital that

#32     Mar 7, 2010
  3. If you watch this video, that explains it completely

You would understand that USA would have had PLATINUM age if Private Central Bankers didn't take over money supply in 1913.

I can't force you to watch this for yourself. I can only hope you are curious enough to take the time.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...S-vwNZeyrAPNvbiKAg&q=how+money+masters&hl=en#

#33     Mar 7, 2010
  4. Specterx

Specterx

The public response to the recession, financial crisis etc. is notably different in the U.S. compared to most other places in the world.

In Greece, people paralyze the country with strikes, riot en masse and storm the Parliament building to try and force the government to continue bankrupting itself.

In Japan... well, they're bankrupt already, and nobody in the country seems to be the slightest bit concerned.

In the U.S., politicians are struggling desperately to continue the old, unsustainable policies, and the response is a growing wave of popular demands for less government, less spending, and a return to responsible policies.

It's really surprised me - at the outset, I thought that we would surely end up taking the same path as Europe etc. with people demanding subsidies, protections, and soaking the rich. In general it is just the opposite. If these trends continue I think we'll come out alright - and if we mend our ways, the U.S. has a much stronger socio-economic foundation for future prosperity and growth than just about any other country.

#34     Mar 7, 2010
  5. GiantDog

GiantDog

China still hasn't rid itself of Europe's medieval plague.

"[2009:] China has ended a quarantine blockade around a remote northwestern town hit by pneumonic plague, Xinhua news agency reported late on Saturday.

"The outbreak of the highly infectious disease killed three villagers around Ziketan Town in Qinghai province, Xinhua reported. But with no new infections reported for over a week, authorities decided to lift the blockade on the remote town of 10,000 in a heavily ethnic Tibetan area, Xinhua reported. China experiences sporadic outbreaks of the plague, which is typically spread by rodents and fleas and can pass easily between people."

Some even suspect Chinese animal markets to be breeding grounds for new killer bugs.

"We face similar threats from other viruses and such epidemics can happen because we continue to have very crowded markets in China," said Lo Wing-lok, an infectious disease expert in Hong Kong.

BLOWS MY MIND.

Imagine 15 new cities the size of New York built in China.

Filled with Rats and Fleas.

Can anyone say "The Black Death: Bubonic Plague"?

Lets hope China doesn't start this all over again. (Think 1300's)

BTW, the Plague Started in China! They gave it to Europe!

http://www.themiddleages.net/plague.html

Why is this factoid called "Europe's Midieval Plague"?

#35     Mar 7, 2010
  6. Are you referring to the tea parties?

#36     Mar 7, 2010
  7. EON Kid

EON Kid

From the headlines I have seen for some time it seems people want to maintain the status quo.

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2009/06/01/gvsd0603.htm

#37     Mar 7, 2010
  8. EON Kid

EON Kid

Can you please explain this.

#38     Mar 7, 2010
  9. Specterx

Specterx

I don't see how that link supports your conclusion... it says that voters decisively rejected tax increases and fiscal deck-chair shuffling to extend/cover up the deficit for a few years. Bear in mind that CA already has one of the highest tax burdens in the nation (third overall, I think).

The result is that California is having to make huge cuts to its bloated and outrageously expensive public services. Hardly maintaining the status quo, compared to what's going on in other countries (with a few exceptions, e.g. Ireland and Latvia).

#39     Mar 7, 2010
  10. You are not asking me but I can help answer.

Fractional reserve lending means the bank needs to keep 10% of real money and the rest is LENT out.

So the bank literally gives you made up on keyboard cash and when you can't pay your home they get the physical house.
    The invisible made up unearned money is exchanged for real land that you can walk on.

Small banks do this on local scale. And Private Central banks do this to the US government. And Global Scale.

#40     Mar 7, 2010