15 Facts About China That Will Blow Your Mind

Discussion in 'Economics' started by electric yellow, Mar 6, 2010.

1. It's a deja vu all over again to 1988 and Japan.

#11     Mar 6, 2010
  2. GiantDog

GiantDog

700 Million Chinese drink polluted water. That's disgusting.

#12     Mar 6, 2010
  3. You are right, people just dont understand this. Yet it is out in plain sight. I dont know any of my friends who understand this.

#13     Mar 6, 2010
  4. zdreg

zdreg

It's a deja vu all over again to 1988 and Japan.
    random capital;

Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain
    GiantDog

New Post 03-06-10 03:49 PM

700 Million Chinese drink polluted water. That's disgusting.

above is typical american hubris.

although there is alot polluted water in china it will be ridden of as china becomes wealthier. Jim Rogers considers water treatment to be a major growth industry for china.

the US as well as much of Europe is in a death spiral from interest debt. the piper will be paid with the resultant pain and dislocations.

#14     Mar 6, 2010
  5. rew

rew

None of those facts blew my mind because very few of them were in any way surprising. Many of the facts are simple consequences of China's huge population -- four times that of the United States. That a higher fraction of Chinese than Americans believe in evolution is because China doesn't have such a high percentage of Christian fundamentalists.

#15     Mar 6, 2010
  6. Gee, I bet that makes the average Chinese guy who is drinking the polluted water feel good - that you are here to defend his country and state that it will get better. They are sure smiling now!

BTW:
    "To make matters worse, 90% of cities’ groundwater and 75% of rivers and lakes are polluted according to the World Bank."

Note that says "according to the World Bank.", not according to American hubris.

I would even venture to say most Americas don't care much for the World Bank and the World Bank certainly won't go out of it's way to make Pro-American statements.

JJacksET4

#16     Mar 6, 2010
  7. Sounds like enough office space for every woman, man and child to have at least a 5x5 cubicle......

#17     Mar 6, 2010
  8. from reading posts I would gather most posters here don't realize banks create 99% of our money

#18     Mar 6, 2010
  9. TGregg

TGregg

And the 1960s and 1970s and Russia. And the 1990s and the EU. Seems like every decade some losers rant on and on about how some group or some currency is going to smack the USA into the ground.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think it was Dubai in the oughts.

#19     Mar 6, 2010
  10. toc

toc

Chinese are still village dwelling commies who are not allowed to think freely by their government and leaders. Even if China's economy crosses that of the US or doubles, China will still be a third world nation. Why? because Chinese population is 4 times that of the US and even after purchasing power parity adjustment, attending to bigger population base would have its own problems.

Another point is currently and for last 30 years, China is feeding off the huge consumption demand from the US and other prominent countries. Take away 5-10% from this consumption demand and soon Chinese will be defaulting and missing payments.

#20     Mar 6, 2010