15,000 Dow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cheese, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

If you know where to short, then it is no differant than trading the long side on a dip. Can the market go higher.....of course!
    I trade both Long and Short. I average into any trade on either side. As my bald headed friend Waxie likes to say......."see ya on the other side!"

#11     Dec 11, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

What I need to know is what day do you think this might happen?
    So I can plan ahead and load up my wagon.

Well, it will be 15,000 when the dollar is worth 37 cents. I think right now it is at 50 cents......so accounting for inflation it could happen in the next 10 years or so. IMHO.

#12     Dec 11, 2003
  3. Cheese

Cheese

From Bladerunner
    oj will find his wife's killers before the dow hits 15k

The civil litigation against OJ found him the culprit.
    bush will find wmds before the dow hits 15k
    Do you realize that Saddam was up to lots of 'NASTIES' according to the wmd report which was produced?
    the usa will legalize gay marriages before the dow hits 15k
    Well there are 'marriages' for sodomizers in various parts of the country, aren't there?

Oh well, looks as though we are going to DOW 15000.

#13     Dec 11, 2003
  4. u been snorting too much cracks.
    civil suit is much much easier to prove than a criminal one.
    u probably find wmds in neverland and of course good old usa but not in bagdad, unless they are planted there.
    many sodomites are members of the republiklans party.
    we are in a cyclical bull run within a secular bear mkt which will end in '04.
    any idiot can predict dow 15k. the ? is when when??

#14     Dec 11, 2003
  5. pspr

pspr

DOW 15,000 ???

The question isn't "IF",

The question is "WHEN".

My guess is BEFORE the next recession.

#15     Dec 11, 2003
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Bladerunner: keep your hat on .. only kidding arsewipe.

No, any idiot can come up with some mumbo jumbo stargazing crap that "we are in a cyclical bull run within a secular bear mkt which will end in '04".

Got any more stargazing gems?

#16     Dec 11, 2003
  7. as you know, i am not trading untill the first of the year--- however, i would be very cautious going long at this time.

#17     Dec 11, 2003
  8. ...I bean outta da mokket two months in retirement funds (clever me) because is goin' doon afore is goin' oop. Uncle has primed the pump as much as he dared, and he has the blisters to show for it. You see the proof in the market, the dollar, and gold. Guess where you'll see it next? The only thing that's goin' up after this is consumer prices and interest rates.

#18     Dec 11, 2003
  9. I am fading these joker's...if I am right..the PPI is going to be a major dissapointment given CRB and FED comments.

SS QQQ..SPY...DIA..

Hope I am alive at the open!

Best,
    David

#19     Dec 11, 2003

10. The Dow poking its head up through 10K and then dipping down again at the close wasn't very convincing to me - also volume less than what one would expect for a significant move up. This was just enough to squeeze and stop out some weak hand Shorts.

The short @ Dow 10K is IMO the best play for right now, especially with the lame close - I too am intermediate term swing short YM so I guess I put my $ where my mouth is. My feeling is that we are in/near the top 100 or so points for this rally and we should see a corrective leg down soon.

Did anyone else notice that the new front month for YM was 20 -25 points lower that ymz03 all day long? A clue, perhaps?

Regards,

Paul

#20     Dec 11, 2003