14 year old fund manager

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Death Note, Jun 25, 2007.

1. squall

squall

Exactly. Thank you.

#31     Jun 26, 2007
  2. Yeah, but I heard on Letterman that the patient only came in for a prostate exam.
    :D

#32     Jun 26, 2007
  3. squall

squall

That reminds me of those parents that had their kid start bodybuilding and using steroids and shit when he was extremely young..his name was Richard Sandrak...really twisted shit....

his parents basically made their kid ito a freak show just for attention....sounds familiar....of course the concepts are different, but both of these consist of parents making a big deal out of some really bizarre shit that shouldn't be happening in the first place.

#33     Jun 26, 2007
  4. Yes but he has about 20yrs to make as many mistakes as he wants, learn something from them and then hopefully learn to trade successfully before pressure gets to him ... how long do you have?

#34     Jun 27, 2007
  5. squall

squall

I'm 25, so I don't have too much less time than he does. And I can legally trade my own money. I also have life experience that a 14 year old wouldn't have. Just basic things in life that a 14 year old wouldn't understand. I know 25 is young too- but I have accelerated the curve by being in the military and going on a couple deployments to some exciting places and learning that you can either get it done or not get it done in life. No bullshit and no excuses. I just think that a 14 year old is missing alot of the key elements that would allow one to make high stress decisions consistently without cracking. Although in fairness, alot of 25,30,40, 50 year olds are too......

#35     Jun 27, 2007
  6. Dude, chill. I agree, the kid's getting a great start. But he sure as shit ain't a fund manager.

If I were his parents I would not be encouraging him to trade other people's money. It's probably not legal, unless it's structured as a gift, and it's bound to mean trouble sooner or later.

Martin

#36     Jun 27, 2007
  7. squall

squall

Yeah exactly. I am sure there are some pretty big legalities involved in that....

And that's pretty disrespectful to people who went to years of school and spent years and years in the markets to become fund managers that some 14 year old kid can have a brokerage account and be called a fund manager. Not that I respect fund managers particularly, but still, they earned their title.

#37     Jun 27, 2007
  8. I agree. it is a good head start for him. i wish i could\'ve done that at 14..

#38     Jun 27, 2007
  9. But will he succeed?

#39     Jun 27, 2007
  10. Chood

Chood

For that matter, I'm surprised no one (yet) seconded your comment. Not sure 'bout that OTB thing -- maybe he'll just steal the deuce for the double -- but you're correct that it increases the chance of that outcome.

#40     Jun 27, 2007