14 winners in a row

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drasfs, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Each independent trade carries a 50% chance, so the odds of the 15th is still 50%, however, the odds that the previous 14 would have all been winners is .5^14.

#11     Mar 22, 2007
  2. well there are only two ways the price can move, so there is a 50% chance it will go that way.

However, if you are trading with a 3 pip spread then a 10 pip loss is only a move of 7 pips while a 10 pip gain is a move of 13.

so if you are taking 4 pip profits but taking 7 pip losses, you will suffer gamblers ruin eventually.

#12     Mar 22, 2007
  3. Give him your finest meats and cheeses.

#13     Mar 22, 2007
  4. drasfs

drasfs

well, since there about 4800 dollar in that account as a result of this profit, i would have to lose at least 20 times in a row now to blow out the account =)

#14     Mar 29, 2007
  5. drasfs

drasfs

Well my tp obviously depends. As you see, i got about 55 pips on one trade, 12 on another one. And by the way, my winning ratio is not 50%, but rather 90%

#15     Mar 29, 2007
  6. drasfs

drasfs

But really. Do all of the people here really believe that it was 100% luck? No skill?

And ive a different perspective when it comes to leverage. 2500 dollar is just a portion of the money that ive put aside for trading. Say that i have 10 million dollar, then 2.5 lot is a tiny amount. A 10pip loss, would be 0.000025% of my money.

I think people here are focusing too much on the leverage. What really counts are the pips gained, which is the real performance.

#16     Mar 29, 2007
  7. that is excellent performance.

just be careful of euphoria - certainly dont ramp up size for at least 3 months i would think.

congrats!

so what can you tell us about this system - anything interesting?

yes, bring him the finest meats and cheeses! =)

funny ^

#17     Mar 29, 2007
  8. drasfs

drasfs

Yeah I could.

The system is focusing on minimizing risks, which are done by:

1your position should only be exposed for a short amount of time,before closing it. You either timed the entry right or not.

2Never have a position open during an economic announcements,even smaller ones.

3Rangetrading is favourable.Trending markets does also work. If the trend is up, buy the currency when it has moved down for a while. Never go the opposite direction, and always wait until it is oversold.

4If you expect, the trend to go up, and say it has gone up 8 pips in your direction, close your trade, and by at 2 if it goes down to that point. Because a currency will never go up in a straight line,but will usually sicksack.

5 You should always make a partial position. this is a great way to increase the probability to profit.

6 Stoplosses, are usually at ten. However, say that i bought at 70, and it goes down to 58 in speed, i would close my position if the currency goes up to 64 for instance. I close the position after it have retraced back a bit again. I think this is a crucial thing, and that there are more to it than meets the eye.

#18     Mar 29, 2007
  9. interesting - my current system also is time stopped for about 30secs-15mins... if its not good by then, or stopped out limit - its no good.

#19     Mar 29, 2007
  10. jem

jem

While you can flip a coin and hit 14 winners

What are the odds that your first 14 flips are winners.

Can't you place any value on the fact that you have 14 winners in a row? Assuming he has not been doubling down?

#20     Mar 29, 2007