1300+ on the SPX!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Dec 3, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

This guy says it can happen really quick. As for "pros" who are still under invested in this market, he thinks will drive stocks higher. In my opinion just another pathetic theory. I hear this time and time again that these money mangers are under performing and that they have to get into stocks which will then in return raise the market higher. Its a lame excuse, reminds me of the other "money on the sideline" theory. Its all a bunch of worthless nonsense.

Don't Sell the Rally Short -- Pros' Performance Worries Will Drive Stocks, Says Jeff Saut
    Posted Dec 03, 2010 12:29pm EST by Peter Gorenstein in Investing, Commodities
    Related: xle, ^dji, noa, anr, cwei, cve, ^gspc

Stocks are selling off heading into the weekend on the heels of a disappointing jobs report. Call it a breather, not the end of the recent stock market rally, says Jeff Saut, chief investment strategist at Raymond James.

The pros will continue to buy stocks this year as they attempt to make up for what he describes as "the worst year of underperformance by active managers" in his 40 years in the business, he tells Aaron in this clip. "Professional money mangers are underinvested and underperforming," and are therefore facing "performance risk, bonus risk and ultimately job risk," he says.

Faced with those realities, Saut is betting on more upside into January. Near term, he recommends buying "momentum stocks that have done well and are making new highs."

As for 2011, he says Washington will play a big role in the market. "If you get Barack Obama and crew moving to the center, I think the S&P [500] could go through 1300 real quick."

Where are the market opportunities?

Saut is still bullish on commodity and energy stocks on the back of growing emerging market demand.

He recommends the following stocks:

--Clayton Williams Energy

--Alpha Nautral, believing in the super cycle for coal.

--Cenovus Energy and North American Energy Partners, two Canadian tar sand plays, are also on his list. "It's the second-largest oil find on the planet, and the Canadians don't hate us."