1300 ON s&p 500 Breached, Should Rubberbird leave

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Mar 15, 2006.

SHOULD THE BIRD LEAVE THE NEST

1. RUBBERBIRD STAYS AND IS FORGIVEN

40 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. RING HIS NECK, THEN OFF WITH THE HEAD

61 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. What I can't understand is why people get so upset about this guy making calls on the S&P. Unless these same people are positioning themselves the opposite and are just frustrated when they lose money. So Rubberbird was wrong on this call. He has made many great calls and there is nothing wrong with having a little conviction in the market.

Rubberbird would not be getting the kind of attention he does on his thread if he were dead wrong all the time. Those who get angry with him need to just leave him alone.

#21     Mar 15, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I don't think he should leave. It was a fairly entertaining exchange.--A nice break in the day. ---hmmm maybe Volente and Rubberb(i)(y)rd(e) are the same, wouldn't that be a hoot--errrr hehe--the oo at the end of Volente's moniker does look like owl eyes--

#22     Mar 15, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

As the new champ of ET, I hereby pardon rubberbird. If it was me I would keep my word, but if he leaves who will be my next challenge ?

#23     Mar 15, 2006
  4. do any of you even trade??? who cares what calls he makes.... unless someone actually knows the dork.... its all paper trading... big fkn deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can be right 70% of the time but hold his losers forever and be a net loser.

#24     Mar 15, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Well at least your figured him out.

#25     Mar 15, 2006
  6. A true show of class and sportsmenship by a moron who thinks that because Rubberbird self destructed that he is by default the king of ET. That title you duschbag belongs first to the HAIRDRESSER, and if he is unable to accept then it goes to $$$MR.MARKET$$$. And what makes you think that you can pardon anyone, that is up to a democratic vote of ET members.

#26     Mar 15, 2006
  7. To give Rubberbird a speedy trial we should stop the vote count at 100. Currently there are 90 votes, if the next 10 votes come in against Birdy it will be a 2/3rds super majority and RubberBird will have to leave. Only clemency from Baron would save his ass at that point.

...Rennick out

#27     Mar 15, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Rubberbird's been banned hasn't he?

#28     Mar 16, 2006
  9. With 93 votes in Rubberbird has just recieved his 35th vote which means that even though he got masacered in the popular vote he has survived a 2/3rds majority by a single vote. The trial by ET Members was a true civics lesson and shows that every vote is important. So therefore by order of the ET Community Rubberbird is permitted to take his neck off the chopping log and return to acting like a Market timing bigshot on the internet. Provided of course that he hasn't pissed off the guys who actually run ET. His attack of chaosnsx while already on thin ice reminds me of the scene in the movie Young Guns where the old gunfighter who is surrounded comes out of the outhouse, yells out "its time to dance" and opens fire on everyone.

#29     Mar 16, 2006
  10. Its an open and shut matter. By the time it was over there was no grey area. Just a clean overstepped line. What occurred yesterday felt like the ET equivalent of the following. Just to bad he wasn't a "Pill Person".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
    http://www.geocities.com/~halbrown/...e_by_cop_1.html

"Some people seem to be "pill people", destined to take their lives by overdosing. Others seem to be carbon monoxide, or bag-over-the-head people. Alcoholics and nondrinkers alike often augment their lethal choices by drinking. Dramatic types jump off buildings and bridges after creating a spectacle. Those who make a rational decision to end their lives because of a terminal illness may show amazing consideration for those who find them. People who want to hide the cause of death for insurance or other reasons sometimes deliberately crash their cars, although airbags have had an effect on the lethality of some of the most dramatic single car accidents.

People who are very angry in addition to being depressed are more likely to involve others in their suicide. When a person ends his life in front of the news cameras, they want to send the message "I'll show you", to a lover who jilted them, a company that fired them, or a society that they believe never gave them a chance. Some people stage elaborate suicides solely for the benefit of the one person they set up to find them.
    "

#30     Mar 16, 2006