$13,000 for 2 days in the hospital

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omegapoint, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I got some mail today which said, "We can look in your arteries and tell if you have plaque.

They don't give a damn whether you have plaque of not.

I would bet that if you are stupid enough to let these bastards examine you, then you'll be wheeled into the OR in nothing flat.

#21     Sep 4, 2008
  2. I would suggest that the mangers of that hospital be tried and hanged, after conviction for crimes against humanity.

Impossible for that to be a reasonable charge.

#22     Sep 4, 2008
  3. Time to vote for Obama.

#23     Sep 7, 2008
  4. Just had a sister-in-law laid up in ICU in Jakarta. (She passed, but that is beside the point ...)

One blood product treatment cost US$10k - it was imported from China and we bought it wholesale from the Jakarta distributor whom we know. This same treatment costs US$100k in the US.

Her daily ICU bill averaged about US$200 including tracheotomy cleaning, heart and breathing monitors, her daily meds and nutritionals (she was fed directly into her stomach due to paralysis.)

She was in ICU about 3 months running. I estimate her long-run ICU cost was US$6-8k per month, including the hire of a full-time private nurse, all meds etc, but excluding one-off surgeries.

Of course hospital and doc probably didnt carry any insurance, and we just assumed there is little-to-no recourse ...

As to quality of care, there were a few sacrifices, but perhaps not as many as one would assume ... FWIW.

#24     Sep 8, 2008
  5. You should do all that for yourself.

#25     Sep 8, 2008