$13,000 for 2 days in the hospital

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omegapoint, Sep 3, 2008.

1. what scam.. they wanted paid?? LOL

#11     Sep 3, 2008
  2. As you get older, one of the biggest risk of going bankrupt is from medical bills. Very smart people including the rich often are so caught up in making money they dont bother reviewing their families' medical coveage to ensure it is sufficient as they get older. Then all it take is 1 uncovered surgery.

To give you some idea, one of my older relatives had a surgery and had to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks. The total cost was about $1.5million (they were charging 25k a night just for a bed at icu), luckily her kids had all the insurance in order so it was all covered.

I know the daily P&L and honing your trading edge is important, but sometime one needs to step back and review the bigger picture.

#12     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Speculate with FRE, I wouldn't be little joey. My mom is a hobo with a good heart. I gave up multiple id's when I left yahoo.

#13     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Ok, Nutmeg, just speculating. All for fun. But little Joey tone is similiar to your humor.:)
    FRE ? Everyone is speculating, and waiting to see what gov does. So far banks and investment managers are buying the notes in Europe, North America and Asia. Better than Fannie?:)

#14     Sep 3, 2008
  5. pretty funny nutmeg showed up pretty quick didn't she :p

#15     Sep 3, 2008
  6. Ok, Nutmeg, just speculating. All for fun.

---------------------

I know. :D

Re FNM? You'll laugh. I had trouble remembering the symbol @ the time so I just bought FRE.

#16     Sep 3, 2008
  7. :D

#17     Sep 3, 2008
  8. Yes it is a scam

Way overpriced, healthcare industry and docs gouging us

Best way is to get revenge

Eat healthy, exercise, sleep well - so you never have to see them again

#18     Sep 4, 2008
  9. You can thank the Republicans for that.

They have all but immunized physicians and hospitals from liability (it used to be out of control in favor of plaintiffs, but the pendulum has now swung to the extreme opposite direction - even when they butcher someone, there are no consequences).

They like to call it 'tort reform.'

I call it screwing the average, powerless person.

#19     Sep 4, 2008
  10. Wife has to see a doctor, that doctor sends her to another doctor just to write the script, took 5 minutes ...wtf? Bet the government wouldn't tolerate that ...if it were funded probably at less than ins. co. premiums.

#20     Sep 4, 2008