128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS opinions...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moreagr, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Moreagr

Moreagr

Hi I have a 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS in my new dell desktop and was trying to find a 2nd card to go along with it for trading only not really into gaming but dont want a dog of a card either.

I am going to be running 4 22 inch FP monitors 2 video cards.

would anyone like to recommend a nice dual card for trading mainly. I trying looking for the some card but all the sites that I have gone through dont carry it.

oh another question regarding the running oftwo different video cards... If I have the card that was faster and more powerful then the other one how would the cards work together?? would I get any benefit with the better card?

thanks

2. i just put a xfx geforce 8600 gs xxx in a dell optiplex tower, and it's running really hot.. also beyond the specs of the power supply, but i read beforehand that it can run safely on a 305w psu.

whatever you get, just keep heat in mind. i'm considering taking this card back out because it idles at 70c and hits as much as 95c under load. reading about it, i get the impression that those temps are very hot, but not critical level

seems like most dell's aren't really designed for scalability. maybe the precisions and the gaming boxes, but not so much the dimensions and optiplexes

3. Moreagr

Moreagr

Well maybe its running really hot because the xfx cards are for gaming. maybe the regular geforce cards are a better bet.

I have 2 old ATI cards that run great only 32mb but if i try to run 2 flash websites is slows down and even if I am using window media player is hangs on me.

:confused:

4. yea it's a gaming card.. for killing time during slow spots

i know what you mean about wanting more memory. i upgraded from an ati x600 partly because charts were showing blank dead areas

anyone know, is 95c going to damage the rest of the pc

5. gnome

gnome

Video requirements for trading are very minimal.

If you're not going to be gaming at all, get workstation cards.

If you want to do high powered gaming too, best use a 2nd computer with a high powered video card.

6. Moreagr

Moreagr

Hi Gnome

is the above card considered a workstation card? I am not really gaming but with my current cards I it has a difficult time running videos on window media player and if i have 2 flash player website sites on at the same time.

7. gnome

gnome

Yours is a gamer card, but fairly far down the modern pecking order today.

Your difficulty running 2 flash player sites at once my be due to the strain on "resources" and not the card.