$1200 for iPhone 8!? I'm feeling gouged...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmiklas, Sep 24, 2017.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Ok, you want to learn things your way it's fine with me

#61     Oct 1, 2017
  2. apdxyk

apdxyk

Apple did have a significant advantage up until they lost it quite some time ago :)

#62     Oct 3, 2017
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Their biggest advantage now is people like me, who are too deep into their ecosystem.

#63     Oct 4, 2017
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Just get the Moto g and call it a day.

#64     Oct 7, 2017
  5. Not sure about the new 8, but the 7 cost about $245 to build, and profit margins range between 65-70%. For me, I don't look at how much is costs, I look at what it does. (photo, video, communication, GPS, music, schedule, connectivity etc. ) In other words, what it does saves me a ton of time and that is priceless. You can also lower your cost basis by owning their shares if they fit into your investment strategy. (and to the points mentioned above, I admit it, I like to show it off.) :)

#65     Oct 7, 2017
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Show off what??? An iphone? In US, long are days when iPhone was a show off item.

#66     Oct 8, 2017
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I kind of admire iPhone users. They go for the quality. I've always liked quality stuff, even as a child, worked for Siemens [Germans understand what it takes to do quality] for a few years as a lab supervisor. I was appalled at how much Americans hate quality efforts! "it ruins our creativity to be highly functional" was the essence of their complaints. It took American auto manufacturers decades to get just the basic ideas through their heads... People look at politics for reasons why manufacturing dies off in the U.S but it's because lots of people want quality, not half baked trash.

#67     Oct 9, 2017
    Overnight and extremespeaker like this.
  8. IamaMars

IamaMars

And this trend continues all over the world really. They are now asking $500 for some top video cards lately and as many as it have seriously for $1200 ? I do not buy this, something like $800 at max I would say. What else do you need ?

#68     May 31, 2019