$1200 for iPhone 8!? I'm feeling gouged...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmiklas, Sep 24, 2017.

1. d08

d08

What are you talking about? A smartphone isn't about calling people, although it can do that. I use it to order cars, order products, read news, use flashlight, take pictures/video etc. Since when is "app technology" BS? Now if you were being sarcastic...

#41     Sep 26, 2017
    Macca1 likes this.
  2. d08

d08

Seems decent. There are however so many good Chinese manufacturers, spoiled for choice.

#42     Sep 26, 2017
  3. just21

just21

If you have an android phone search for android futures widget in the google play store and then install. You can then have place a full size charting widget on your screen. Other markets covered www.wavestock.com Better than anything on ios.

#43     Sep 26, 2017
  4. hajimow

hajimow

I want to agree with you but at the same time disagree with you. Here are what I believe:
    1- Apple is expert to play with consumer's mind and can use it to its advantage. They price the phone high so consumers buy it as a kind of status. Actually I like their pricing.
    2- IPhone is a great product but is not work its price ( I do not have Iphone). For example, the camera in Iphone has low resolution but it takes great pictures. There are lots of smartphones with much higher resolution cameras that cannot compete with Iphone.
    3- Apple has the right tool to fight the trend in case the stock drops a lot.
    4- It is a part of DOW so it has a kind of stability

#44     Sep 26, 2017
  5. d08

d08

Well, I agree that it's a luxury product company in the sense that you're not paying for the product but for the image/appearances/whatever.
    A phone camera is more about image stabilization than the megapixel number.
    I think Apple is in trouble, if they lower the price then it'll be impossible to get the price up again. If they keep it high as is sales will decline as consumers become smarter.
    I had the first iPhone, it was revolutionary, a magnificent phone but that was Apple's high point product wise.

#45     Sep 26, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Again agreed but I do not call it "in trouble". Lets call it challenge. Check out this pic. Mom and dad are paying for these high end laptops.
    look-at-them-apples.jpg

#46     Sep 26, 2017
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Actually a lot of kids are buying high end Apple Laptops, they just work and keep working without causing any hassle, unlike Microsoft windows based devices, you don't need to be a geek at all so great for useless kids of this generation. ( My Kid has 1 )

Yes there 3x's the price of a comparable Windows based Laptop, but pretty similar price to a tiny Apple X Iphone, so not that bad.

#47     Sep 26, 2017
  8. d08

d08

You'd be wrong. Apple laptops have issues like all other manufacturers, inside the hardware is the same or comparable. Take a look at Youtube where Louis Rossmann talks about the insanity of Apple repair policies.
    The only reason people like yourself say this about PC laptops is because you buy the very cheap consumer end stuff. Pay the same amount for a PC laptop and you'll actually get better quality. Business class ThinkPads run without any problems and you don't need to be a "geek" to use them. Most spend money on HP/Dell garbage and say PCs are unreliable.

#48     Sep 26, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.
  9. #49     Sep 27, 2017
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Hardware wise PC much cheaper for the same quality, it's the OS really, no Virus or Adware issues on the Mac, you pretty much just use them, although I rarely suffer these days with my Windows 7, used to be constant on XP.

#50     Sep 27, 2017