$1200 for iPhone 8!? I'm feeling gouged...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmiklas, Sep 24, 2017.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Bro, please, get a smartphone.

#21     Sep 24, 2017
  2. I could, but don't want my trailer park neighbors to be envious of me.

#22     Sep 24, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  3. JackRab

JackRab

Apple is like Louis Vuitton. You pay for the name... not the tech, not anymore.

It doesn't make sense when you can get a tech-wise same (or better) unit for 25-40% less... same goes for a f$%cking handbag, although they are even more outrageous in price.

Mens watches though... that's an entirely different cookie ;)

#23     Sep 24, 2017
    Clubber Lang and d08 like this.
  4. Only common douchebags have smartphones; some of the most successful men only carry a basic flip phone for only necessary telephone voice calls -- none of that extra silly nonsense bs app technology and stuff,
    [​IMG]o_O [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    #24     Sep 24, 2017
  5. Part of iPhone's value is in the OS. The higher reliability and security has value for business and other users. I personally would pay the price if I was going to store client contact information in a phone.

#25     Sep 24, 2017
  6. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Or 2012 ? -40% Great short :)
    But Hajimow would reply Apple got plenty of cash! It was already true in 2012.
    Apple => bear ST/MT, maybe a Buy in 2018 ?

CM

#26     Sep 25, 2017
  7. SteveM

SteveM

This was the the sell signal in Apple stock:

[​IMG]

#27     Sep 25, 2017
    d08 and vanzandt like this.
  8. Iphone X 256GB is $1575 in Europe. Wtf

#28     Sep 25, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I just upgraded a 5-YO android phone to an iPhone 6 for the low low price of $300, and it is way better than the old phone I had. It does more than everything I need it to do.

In 5 years when my iPhone 6 dies (if it does), I'll get the iPhone X for around the same price I reckon'.

These days, it can pay to be behind the curve.

#29     Sep 25, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Vary rational. I go with a slightly different strategy. I buy the latest one, but keep it for 3 years. Not sure why so much negativity about iphones. What about all other shit people splurging money on???

#30     Sep 25, 2017