120 years of bull and bear markets

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverick2608, Aug 21, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

fan27, R1234, trader99 and 5 others like this.
  2. Looks like a lot of those didn't last as long and went up a lot faster

3. Plus it wouldn't be a big deal for it to go on for another one to three years either....

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Thats why- i track SPY;
    it went doWn more than 20% in 2018.[S&P 500 equal weight went down more than that, past 10 years, but i dont cherry pick / track stuff like that, much LOL]:D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Nobert

Nobert

A minor update, V2 :

ECXEJ6IXYAAnfit.jpg

fan27, GregorySG9, Snuskpelle and 2 others like this.
  6. Sobering to see this bull market lasting longer than the bull market in the 1920s and rising nearly as much. A long term chart of US Treasury Bonds would be sobering as well.

It would be wise to visualize and prepare for, say, what a 6 sigma market event would have on one’s financial position, either directly or indirectly, such a job loss and civil unrest.

cdcaveman and fan27 like this.
  7. %%
    OK according to your chart we put in a bottom in 1930+/ $. One lady asked 1930 +1?? I said no,that is 1930 more or less LOL:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Nobert likes this.
  8. REDP1800

REDP1800

cool charts. tell u nothing

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    That's why i dont like those mountain charts much ; markets never move like that.They could =i meant they never have in the past 200+ years LOL But in fairness, the data error of leaving out the 20%+ corrcection/bear trend in 2018=that's not a mountain chart error-its simply a SPY chart error .Thanks:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

REDP1800 likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Wow! Great chart, a wake up call for me. Thank you.

Had a great run since 2010, it is time to scale back.

#10     Aug 21, 2019
    trader99 likes this.