120-pt Spike in EUR/USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Exchanges, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Hey, Lon, thanks for posting.

Another reason to short EUR/USD is, euro has a funny habit of suddenly vaporizing mid-stream for no apparent reason. Weakening to the level of warm currency puke.

And, USD can come roaring back 100s of points at any time based on nothing but mere panic and dread. Burning fanciful euro longs down to the ground in the process.

'Course, I'm trading it both long and short so, I've got it covered both ways. :D

Good luck,

Ex

#21     Mar 17, 2006
  2. Same timeframe, same position size, real money?

How will you know when to close one and when to keep one? Unless you're banking on some range-bound activity, one of those positions is going to begin to smell funny, no?

#22     Mar 17, 2006
  3. Real money. Traded at the same time. Not sure I'm banking on anything in this market. :D

I do think we're seeing pressure from the Iraq/Iran situation. It's influencing the market.

Ex

#23     Mar 17, 2006
  4. Ebo

Ebo

I smell paper burning.
    Oh it's a demo account, carry on.

#24     Mar 17, 2006
  5. Please let us know how they both turn out.

Regards,

#25     Mar 17, 2006
  6. Ebo

Ebo

Some of us actually trade for a living.

#26     Mar 17, 2006
  7. Good thing this board is not restricted to only those who do.

There wouldn't be anyone left to post! :D

x

#27     Mar 17, 2006
  8. Well, one thing I can tell you right now.

I smell a currency storm about to hit.

Reasons:

We have not seen the backlash to Operation Swarmer yet. And I suspect there will be a major backlash (read insurgent guerrillas will probably not take it laying down).

Iran and the US are firmly squared off.

A death squad just showed up in IRAN and smoked 21 people -

National police chief Gen. Esmaeil Ahmadi Moghaddam accused U.S. and British intelligence of being behind the attack on Thursday night, the official Iranian news agency reported.

"It appears that a plan to create instability and religious hatred, similar to the bombing of the Shiite shrine in Samarra (in Iraq), is being pursued here," IRNA quoted Moghaddam as saying."
    Source

Panic, fear, mania and dread are right around the corner in the forex among those who trade for a living, that may cause technicals to implode the same way they did the last quarter of 2004, furthering the crisis.

x

#28     Mar 17, 2006