12:12PM, Who is Shorting NDX?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, May 6, 2008.

1. Sorry, there is no record posted here in real time, just a general question about the index. Your general question does not have a directional call. Who is shorting the NDX is neither a bullish or bearish statement but a general statement. I think the problem here is you do not understand what my statement above means.

I think you are confused so let me clarify:

state·ment /ˈsteɪtmənt/ Pronunciation[steyt-muhnt] –noun

1. something stated.
    2. a communication or declaration in speech or writing, setting forth facts, particulars, etc.
    3. a single sentence or assertion: I agree with everything you said except for your last statement.

and then there is:

ques·tion /ˈkwɛstʃən/ Pronunciation[kwes-chuhn] –noun

1. a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
    2. a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.

I hope this helps.

If not then some more info. Your statement was a question. A question, as noted above, is an interrogative form of a sentence looking to get information or raise discussion. Your statement, which as indicated above is something stated. When you combine the two definitions you have something stated for the purpose of starting discussion or looking for information.

Therefore, your initial post was a statement in the form of a question, not a statement (see above for definition) of action you specifically took. If you review your post carefully I think you will have to agree that you made neither a trading call nor a declaration of intent (definitions can be looked up online if you choose).

Therefore, I hope you see the error you have committed and either replace your interrogative statement with a factual statement or declaration (see below) or refrain from wasting time in a trading thread with open ended questions (see definition above) which you then claim to be actual live trade calls. And for the record, this one appears to be wrong as the index is at 1995. The previous sentence is an example of a factual statement.

dec·la·ra·tion /ˌdɛkləˈreɪʃən/ [dek-luh-rey-shuhn]
    –noun
    1. the act of declaring; announcement: a declaration of a dividend.
    2. a positive, explicit, or formal statement; proclamation: a declaration of war.
    3. something that is announced, avowed, or proclaimed.

#41     May 6, 2008
  2. OC:

My market calls are made specific in the body of the threads, not in their titles. Re-read them. If you understand a title as a market call, that is your problem with understanding not with my writing.

If some writing is not specific, then it should not be used as a market call no matter what the result is afterwards. I think you should read on your own, and not read what others wrote about my writings to reach a conclusion.

There is one place where I could post from some of what I do to share with others more specific. That is in the EUR/JPY thread in currency area. Check it up.

#42     May 6, 2008

3. Coach you can correct me if I am wrong. I believe Coach's original post on this thread indicated that you play the same gambit which has been pointed out many times.

1) Start a thread with a question

2) Make a vague innuendo of a trade

3) If it works out run around and pound your chest and pat yourself on the back while belittling as many others as you can

4) If it does not work out indicate you doubled down or just let the thread die.

#43     May 6, 2008
  4. Show us where in this thread you said you traded anything.

#44     May 6, 2008
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Listen, riskfree, why don't you take some time off, collect your thoughts, change the handle and start over again. It is unhealthy to continue the way you do. I am concern about your health (quite sincerely).

#45     May 6, 2008
  6. Ahh then as you made a clearly wrong declaritive statement to follow up on your interrogative statement. To be truthfully correct here, this was not a trading call but an observation on the index. Oh, just to be clear:

ob·ser·va·tion Audio Help /ˌɒbzɜrˈveɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ob-zur-vey-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.

Thus I should say your observation is wrong. An observation is still quite different from a live trading call which you claim to have made.

#46     May 6, 2008
  7. For the record I am neither short nor long the NDX nor did I suggest there was a top or bottom. In addition I take NO glee in seeing someone make good or poor calls about the markets.

#47     May 6, 2008
  8. No xflat you are correct.

#48     May 6, 2008
  9. Coach its not nice to change my post and make it appear as if its a quote of my post.

#49     May 6, 2008
  10. You make an excellent point, xflat.

#50     May 6, 2008