12:12PM, Who is Shorting NDX?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, May 6, 2008.

1. Please show us a single person who either said they were trading the NDX today or said they got long anything at all today?

#31     May 6, 2008
  2. I re-read the entire thread because I thought I might have missed something. I don't see anyone who bought at 1989, or at any other price.

Could you please quote the posts where people said they bought at that price?

Umm... yeah. Speaking of which, you never actually said you were short at any price.

#32     May 6, 2008
  3. To be accurate you are not shorting the NDX here you are simply asking if anyone is shorting the NDX. If the NDX drops then you can claim you called the top. If it moves higher then you were simply asking a question. So I disagree that this is helpful if you are right or wrong because you are not making an actual trade here just asking a question which serves no purpose with respect to trading.

NDX cannot be traded directly so unless you come in and post a specific short entry on something tradeable you are mrely asking a rhetorical open ended question which has nothing to do with trading.

Can you see the difference? I think if you came in and said, I shorted QQQQ at 12:12PM at $--.-- or bought puts or QID or whatever then it is a trade thread.

Right now it is just an empty statement.

#33     May 6, 2008
  4. What a colossal waste of time. Don't feed the troll.

#34     May 6, 2008
  5. how is that 1979.00 from yesterday working out, or the 1985.00 from today, just keep averaging it's bound to come back, besides, it's only simulated $.

#35     May 6, 2008
  6. But if we don't feed him, he will stop dancing. :(

#36     May 6, 2008
  7. heywally

heywally

Do not respond as it will continue feeding.

#37     May 6, 2008
  8. OC:

It is true that I did not post trades here, and that I am not giving the vehicles to trade. NDX can be traded with multiple vehicles (futures, underlying, and options on underlyings,etc). That depends on the individual trader. People here are assumed to be experts, and I do not think they need to be told how to play a given index. If they do need such advice, then I am chating with the wrong audience. But what is common to all the many vehicle that are tracked by NDX is that they top and bottom (or should top and bottom) at roughly the same time. Would you disagree?

As for trades (or whether I even trade) it does not matter. The record is posted here in real-time. The NDX is a referee, and I have access to the same information as everyone else at the same time. So, a record of market calls is really independent of whether one trade or not. Anyone can pull the chart, locate on it people's calls, and make their conclusion.

If it is good to someone, they may use it or whatever. If it is not, then it is not. We are in a free country.

I do not think one should deprive others from reading other peoples views simply because they happen to have a different view.

I read other market calls here on ET. I make my judgement. I think others do the same. As for your conclusion of emptiness, I would refer scientific people to locate my market calls, and make a scientific tests. It can with be +, -, or non conclusive. Anything posted here as a time stamp, and stays. I like written communications, and facts because they are harder to distort.

#38     May 6, 2008
  9. That seriously is some of the dumbest !%§@ I have read on this forum. Keep up polluting the board. Welcome to my ignore list.

#39     May 6, 2008
  10. Quoted again for epic irony.

#40     May 6, 2008