11 Countries At Risk of Becoming The Next Egypt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bearice, Feb 3, 2011.

1. toc

toc

'Yes, we need to take out their nukes before they implode. '

Pakistan has more than 100 nukes scattered all over and some might even be overseas like China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea etc. US could not take out Iran's fixed nuclear plants so taking out all of Paki nukes and all at once is not something possible now or for atleast 10 years.

#31     Feb 5, 2011
  2. and some of them will probably be sold before US takes them out

eventually most countries in the world will acquire nukes in one way or another, specially knowing that western countries couldn't do shit about Iran's attempts at acquiring nukes

western countries condemn this and that, and more than 50% of the news titles regarding other countries, just say Obama condemned bla bla .. Hillary condemned bla bla ... but who gives a shit, they can condemn whatever and whoever they want, they can talk all they want, it doesn't mean shit, cause the world has realized that America is a paralyzed and an incompetent war machine

#32     Feb 5, 2011
  3. #33     Feb 6, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

As in the U.S. perhaps. Who would have thought 25 years ago that China would become more capitalist than the U.S.? What we have learned: capitalism can exist outside of democracy! In fact, democracy my be the true enemy of capitalism. Now free enterprise and competition is where it is really at regardless of "ism", and as we know, capitalists abhor free competition.

#34     Feb 6, 2011
  5. Pakistani woman commits suicide after US diplomat shooting

LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) -- The wife of a Pakistani man shot and killed by a U.S. official committed suicide by eating rat poison Sunday, explaining before she died that she was driven to act by fears the American would be freed without trial, a doctor said.

The U.S. has demanded Pakistani authorities release the American, saying he shot and killed two armed men in self-defense when they attempted to rob him as he drove his car in the eastern city of Lahore. He was arrested on Jan. 27, and the U.S. has said he has diplomatic immunity and is being illegally detained.

The shootings have stoked anti-American sentiment in Pakistan, feelings that could be further inflamed by Shumaila Kanwal's suicide. She died several hours after being rushed to a hospital, said Ali Naqi, the doctor in Faisalabad city who treated her.

"I do not expect any justice from this government," said Kanwal in a statement recorded by the doctor before she died. "That is why I want to kill myself."

Kanwal also spoke to reporters after arriving at the hospital, saying "I want blood for blood."

"The way my husband was shot, his killer should be shot in the same fashion," she said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_PAKISTAN?SITE=CAGRA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

#35     Feb 7, 2011
  6. Egypt's Weapons of Mass Destruction

At the heart of the concern is intelligence indicating that Egypt has quietly carried out research and development on weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear, chemical, biological and missile technology.

Specifically, the intelligence indicates that Egypt has carried out experiments in plutonium reprocessing and uranium enrichment, helped jump-start Saddam Hussein’s missile and chemical weapons programs in Iraq, and worked with Kim il-Jung on North Korea’s missile program.

“If we found another country doing what they’ve done, we would have been all over them,” said a former U.S. intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

NBC News has obtained more than a dozen documents from the United States, Russia and Israel that shed some light on several Egyptian weapons of mass destruction programs, including its nuclear potential and details of a joint North Korean-Egyptian missile development agreement.

The reason the U.S. didn’t move, officials say, was Egypt’s role as a staunch U.S. ally and stabilizing force in the Middle East and later as a key player in U.S. counterterrorism efforts.

If Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is forced to step down, new leadership in Cairo could mean a radical change in that relationship, analysts say

and USA and its allies are thinking Pakistan nuclear weapons will be taken over by terrorists.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452744/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

#36     Feb 7, 2011
  7. Exactly, nice to someone has a clue among all the et dimwits on this site. China is not going to implode any time soon. They had their Tiananmen square chance. People are getting rich over there. Wealth is being created. They don't have an unemployment problem, people have jobs. They are buying more GM vehicles than the U.S. The common man (ie poor dummies) have jobs. Even the basic unskilled laborer is doing well enough and has prospects and opportunities to enhance their standard of living.
    Same for Vietnam. Vietnam will not implode any time soon.
    The cause for civil unrest is lack of jobs. Egypt has widespread unemployment in the mid 20% range. And a large population of out of work young people in their teens and twenties. That is a situation ripe for revolt. A twenty year old with no job, well what else do they have to do? So they can take to the streets. People in china who have jobs won't take to the streets and jeopardize their employment.

#37     Feb 7, 2011
  8. Army Chief Ashkenazi: Prepare for all-out war

In his final days on the job, Chief of Staff Ashkenazi warns about growing radicalization in region; given recent changes across Middle East, Israel must prepare for a battle in several theaters, he says

"The connection between the different players requires us to contend with more than one theater," he said.

The radical camp in the Middle East is gaining strength, Ashkenazi warned, adding that "the moderate camp among the traditional Arab leadership is weakening." He also made note of what he characterized as the "fascinating phenomenon" whereby power is shifting to the people of the region thanks to online social networks.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4025266,00.html

#38     Feb 8, 2011

9. so "free market capitalism" is defined by any system that has prosperity. I guess Larry Kodlow was right

#39     Feb 8, 2011
  10. Yes we've come a long way since the days of land owners and slave peasants, ha ha

Sorry I thought I could say that with a straight face

#40     Feb 8, 2011