11:11AM, Who Is Shorting NDX?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 30, 2008.

1. this sounds right.

riskfree, good calls recently but 40 mil views was a slight exaggeration on your part :D

#31     Apr 30, 2008
  2. Sorry shortie. I do not know if the numbers are accurate or not. But visit ALEXA.com. Maybe I misread what is in there, but it is not intended if the numbers are not what they are. Go to that site, and check for yourself.

#32     Apr 30, 2008
  3. Shortie, he made 1 actual call the other day and I congratulated him for that.

The rest of his so called “calls” are threads where he asks a rather vague question very much in the manner this thread was started. “Who is shorting....?” The rest of his little gambit here is simple. If in fact the market then falls he takes full credit and implies he actually got short when he asked who was shorting. If the market rallies he simply asked who was shorting and never implies he got short at all. The third scenario is one like yesterday. He Talks about a top in the market, then he actually made a call of getting short and the market in the NDX fell 4 bucks. He eluded to taking off ½ the position, then in short span the NDX was up 10 to 12 bucks and we never heard from him again till today. Look over his posting history its littered with threads which elude to calls in the market but go nowhere, those are the ones where he was wrong. Then there are the handful where he was right and that sets off a volley of self back patting and pot shots at anyone and everyone.

Its clear to the readers of these boards by looking at his history here that riskfree’s main reason to be here is to support his quite delusional ( 40 million hits a day ) and quite fragile ego. From day one here he’s been spreading the bull on thick and trying to belittle as many people as he could along the way.

I got a particularly good laugh the other day when he claimed that time and sales data in options could indicate which party initiated the trade between the buyer and seller and also which house was on which side. He was at quite a loss when a couple hours after the market sold off he then claimed he sold the top and he could prove it via time and sales data. A couple of people called him and he swore he had proof, except he could not show anyone.

He’s had posts and threads deleted by ET moderators, he serves no purpose here other then his desperate desire for the attention of total strangers, all 40 million in his mind and the billions a year he eluded to in another post.

#33     Apr 30, 2008
  4. HG:

In my mind there are four types of readers of material on this site:

1. A member who enters, and sign or have a cookie and therefore is automatically signed. That I understand.
    2. A non-member who visits elitetrader.com. If a non-member visits, does the non-member register as visit to a thread? Pls. indicate if your answer is your understanding or if it is a fact (if a fact, please let me know the basis of it).
    3. A member who visits, but does not sign it. We here in situation number 2. It happens to me a lot.
    4. Those who read the material from cached pages, and in mirror sites, blogs, etc. These readers are impossible to capture on ET.

But elitetrader.com rank is very high (20K). It has steady daily traffic. To give an example the last time I checked marketwatch.com is ranked something around 1K. The ranking is not linear.

What I wrote is what I found on Alexa, which I believe is the authority on web traffic.

#34     Apr 30, 2008
  5. Why are we taxing others with our conversations? XFLAT2186: you are welcome to PM me. I think we can resolve our differences.

#35     Apr 30, 2008
  6. I have no need to pm, if there is something you'd like to say in private feel free but what I have to say is all above board for all to see.

#36     Apr 30, 2008
  7. Web statistics are not kept as to who is a member and who is just visiting. These statistics are possible if you use a paid webstat monitor. It is also possible to keep statistics for every page or forum heading. This is also typically a paid for service.

The non-paid web statisticians(alexa) keep track of page views. Any page that has the source or root directory will get credited with the hit. Every single page of this website has the root of elitetrader.com in it. Every page that gets viewed no matter where it comes from will be counted in the views.

I know this because I have owned more than 3 websites in my lifetime, and I still own one for my business.

edit: if you want detailed statistics the webstat company has to place html or java instructions in the code of your board.

#37     Apr 30, 2008
  8. I have nothing to say, but I just thought that out of respect for other readers we should not confuse personality issues with discussions. Tones/personalities can be misunderstood in posts. You seem to me to be interested more in reading personalities, etc, when in my opinion you should respect others and not assume they are liars/manipulators/etc. People differ, and in differences there is wealth to human collectively. You may have noticed that I was not replying to your notes because I do not want to engage in a dialogue that you want to have with yourself only. What you think/feel inside is yours. You are not alone in this exercise here, and I was really saddened when I read your (and another small circle) attacks on another threads related to a couple of people in the options area more recently: one person presenting facts from an exchange but you still insulted him before and after, and the other indicating he was ill and was still subject to attacks while he was right in expressing his views. I think that you should understand that people are not here to argue with you, that you cannot force people to argree with you, and that they here to interact, learn, and contribute. You have gotten in other heated debates (to put mildely), and when you wanted to make sure there would be less consequences on you, you typically signed and indicated your physical location. You should show that exact state of mind with everybody, and not only with an authority armed with a stick. I wish you well.

#38     Apr 30, 2008
  9. So if I understand you correctly then, the 40 million number from Alexa is correct, but that your interpretation of it and mine are not the same.

Did you own websites, domains or both (I am sure you understand the nuance)? You would also understand that an alexa rank of 20K is a huge ranking.

I give credit to the owner(s) of this site. It is not easy to have such ranking, but if you think it is easy maybe I should start a forum of my own and hire you to make it ran 20K on alexa. It would be a great achievement,I think.

#39     Apr 30, 2008
  10. I see nothing on alexa that indicates elite trader has 40 million views. Link?

#40     Apr 30, 2008