11:11AM, Who Is Shorting NDX?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 30, 2008.

1. To all the bulls who were saying she will go sky high particularly if there is a cut, when the bears were saying she will come down.

Isn't she coming down now?

#21     Apr 30, 2008
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Wow, NQs realy tanked thanks to crAAPL. Good call OP, even if you didn't nail the top.

#22     Apr 30, 2008
  3. This thread has had around 621 "views" at the time I am posting right now. Thats views by both members and non members of ET.

The threads with the most views of all time in this "trading" section dont even have 200k views.

40 million a day ? LOL

Now if one were to distort the facts in something as simple as this we can only speculate how they might distort the facts via untruth's or omission in other types of posts.

Then again maybe they really believe their own distorted views.

#23     Apr 30, 2008
  4. Hey Arb. Thanks man. You are fair, and I am flattered as I know you are good (I read some of your posts some time ago). I prefer to play a vol such as the FED vol in currencies. So I have been busy playing EUR/JPY after FED announcement. ET member Atticus alerted me to correlations between currencies, and some markets/indices, and he is right. He is another shark (in a positive sense), and he also plays some original arbs (exotics). Check his posts, I think you would like what he contributes here at ET. There are of course other good ET members I like such as futuresRX, yoohoo, optioncoach, nasdack, ntb, and some other good folks with whom I have had the pleasure to exchange.

#24     Apr 30, 2008
  5. check traffic rankings and stats at ranking places. You will see the numbers there. elitetrader is ranked 21470 in the us/world. It is not a small feat, and definitely a top place for trading people (those who matter). Do not underestimate. Impressions (I believe) count members only, not those those looking from the overside. The ratio of outside/inside is huge.

PS: Dipper17: were you short, long or none? :D

#25     Apr 30, 2008
  6. 40 million hits a day LOL I guess you're counting the ones from Mars.

Go ahead and ask the people at ET about the "views" per thread. I had a hearty laugh.

#26     Apr 30, 2008
  7. Let's get some facts into this thread.

Here is the average page views per day for elite trader.

edit: Sorry that was the average ranking.

#27     Apr 30, 2008
  8. Humm. remember the tick does not lie, but you do you bagholder. You bought the top of NDX I am sure because you think that all the world is wrong except you.

Why you do not give a print out to your boss of all what I wrote on this forum? He will probably fire your ass before the end of the day, because of your comments about the writing of others and myself.

Here is my summary about what you write: it contains original, new, wrong, and right material. However, here are the problems:

1. What is original is NOT new
    2. What is new is NOT original.
    3. What is wrong belongs to you.
    4. What is right originates from others.

That is typical of Xtra FTAttered people who are happy to pay $2186 dollar per day to have his darling overnighted by pumpers and dumpers, after serving late lunches, being nice, and paying the bills.

#28     Apr 30, 2008
  9. Some people confuse the number of visits to a forum, with the number of views. A disaster. They do not understand that the real readers, are the silent majority who are not even members of ET. In addition, they need schooling in technology. Run a search in which ET appears, and you will be able to read information which is cached.

Those who read archived files in mirror sites, may not even know that elitetrader.com exist. But they still read.

I read this forum for many months before joining, without even visiting the domain www.elitetrader.com.

Ask for a quote to advise in this forum, and you will understand the significance of this forum.

#29     Apr 30, 2008
  10. That is not true. It doesn't matter which page you go to elitetrader.com gets credit for the hit because all of its subpages have elitetrader.com in it.

#30     Apr 30, 2008