10th Anniversary Of 9/11, Need We Worry?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 16, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Would a 9/11 anniversary attack be the nail in the coffin of the Obama presidency?

Or would it give him a second chance to show he is a leader?

US President Barack Obama on Tuesday played down prospects for a spectacular Al-Qaeda attack 10 years after the September 11th strikes, saying he worried more now about solitary extremists.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-frets-over-lone-wolf-attack-sept-11-231137985.html

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He is showing his "leadership" right now by allowing Bashir Assad to slaughter his citizens for weeks on end and not even making a short statement about it. I've never seen anything like it, a total vacuum of leadership, it is anti-leadership. Obama is culpable for what is happening to Syrians faced with tanks and gunships.

I hope there is no attack by anyone but if there is another huge attack and it takes place in NYC again it would be great if they accidently hit the UN building with the security counsel in-session killing them all without harming a single New Yorker. The world would be a better place.

Nothing Barrack Obama does can reasonably be interpreted as leadership so I'm not worried about what he does so long as he vacates the Whitehouse when he is supposed to. It would be better if he was impeached or imprisoned but we can't have everything I suppose.

3. Hilarious.
    So......whose administration cosied up to the Saudi's and their clan, through the entire 1990's, and claimed iran, iraq, and north korea of all places, were an "axis of evil" again? Then, bizarrely invaded Afghanistan, and left out Syria, Pakistan, or Iran??

Don't be blaming Clinton either, he bombed the fuck out of Saddam, remember the USS Cole?

Your a pathetic fucking coward, and un-American, to boot.

Rot in hell, dickwad.

4. JamesL

JamesL

Those damn Tea-Baggers! Got to keep an eye on them!

5. JamesL

JamesL

Administration during the 90's? Well, that would be the Clinton administration, I believe.

Clinton didn't do shit after the USS Cole incident (10/12/2000). He was busy packing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

Both the Clinton Administration and the Bush Administration have been criticized for failing to respond militarily to the attack on the USS Cole before September 11, 2001. The 9/11 Commission Report cites one source who said in February 2001, "[bin Laden] complained frequently that the United States had not yet attacked [in response to the Cole]... Bin Laden wanted the United States to attack, and if it did not he would launch something bigger."["Chapter 6". 911 Commission. ]

6. pspr

pspr

Ahhhh, I think it was Clinton who was President through most of the 90's, dummy. Your foul mouth argument is stupid and inaccurate.

7. so emotional...

8. Ricter

Ricter

pspr, you worry about absolutely everything (it's your nature, can that be changed?), but I recommend you let this worry go. You might find you like the feeling.

9. Crispy

Crispy

Im more concerned about

- The further militarization of our police.

- The Constitutional rights infringments from the federal govt under the guise of "keeping us safe".

- Of being labeled a "domestic terrorist" because I happen to think the Constitution should be the rule of law, im a veteran and I happen to believe in sound money policy.

- The parabolic pace of federal debt and the inability of our leaders to make a decision to stop digging the hole

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The furthest thing from my mind is a terrorist attack. If thats on your mind then they have done their job well...

10. Max E.

Max E.

I will be boarding up all my windows for 9/11, and sitting in a hazmat suit with my back to the wall and a shotgun pointed at my front door from 12:01AM until 11:59PM........ just to be on the safe side....... we will see whose right....

#10     Aug 19, 2011