10k plus show up for Romney/Ryan rally!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

In a blue state!!! Uh oh!

2. Thats it,Uh oh!

Palin draws largest crowd yet for GOP

politico.com ^ | September 21, 2008 | Jonathan Martin

Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:59:43 PM by Free ThinkerNY

Sarah Palin tonight attracted the largest crowd yet to any Republican campaign event this cycle, drawing tens of thousands of Floridians out in a conservative-leaning retirement community north of Orlando for a solo rally.

Exactly how many voters Palin, making her first campaign trek to the Sunshine State, had in The Villages is uncertain.

Mike Tucker, a local fire marshal, estimated 60,000. But reporters on the ground, including AP's Brendan Farrington and my colleague Ken Vogel, would only say "tens of thousands," suggesting the marshal's estimate was on the high side. The St. Pete Times's Adam Smith had another fire official in the crowd say it was about 25,000.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, do you know what the "villages" is? Google it. It's some weird right wing retirement camp. Probably the highest concentration of white conservatives in the US.

This rally above was in WI, a BLUE state!!!!!!!! A state Obama won in 2008! A little different then the Villages. Seriously, google the Villages.

4. Even the candidates know they will lose the election! Why are they wasting their time?

5. McCain, Palin Hold Rally in Fairfax

Posted on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 2:36 pm.

The excitement was palpable at Van Dyke Park in Fairfax, Virginia this morning at a rally held by Republican Presidential and Vice Presidential Nominees John McCain and Sarah Palin. “I look forward to seeing the environment here because Northern Virginia is primarily always Democrat. It made me excited to know I’m not one of [only] 20 Republicans up in here,” said junior George Mason University student Chris Brooks.

Today, a lot more than 20 Republicans showed up. According to McCain’s campaign there were 23,000 people in attendance but according to security, 25,0000 came. Either of these counts more than doubles the population of the City of Fairfax. “[This is] the largest turnout for Senator McCain so far on the campaign route,” said Rob Lederer, Mayor of Fairfax City.

McCain’s campaign took advantage of the large crowd and distributed names and phone numbers of potential voters. During the rally Orson Swindle, who was a prisoner of war at Hanoi Hilton with McCain, directed the crowd to participate in a mass phone bank by calling their assigned potential voters during the rally and campaigning on behalf of the McCain/Palin ticket.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, Palin was some weird outlier event. Dumbest broad in the republican party but every guy wanted to f*ck her. It was a weird scene. Like everyone going to the circus to see the 8 ft man. Using her attendance anywhere is not a good proxy for anything. Hell she even draws crowds in NY and CA.

7. Its Ryans home state Mav.Only being able to pull 10,000 is pathetic

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

He is not the governor, he just a congressman from a small district. That state is very blue. And Obama won that state. Al Gore didn't even carry his home state of TN in the 2000 election. LOL.

9. I do not understand why any intelligent person would think that two clowns would have a chance at winning an election.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

#10     Aug 12, 2012