100k to 2,800,000 Since April 2nd (including 2 Million in 2 Days) - Of THIS YEAR!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. i have seen it in options. i have never seen it in stocks.

surf

#11     Apr 29, 2007
  2. Indeed,

this is no proof of trading talent.

Did you notice that Felix Diexia was up to 2.8 millions and a few days later he completely disappeared from the top 10. This means that he has now less than 541,063.10 $.
    Do you realise what a drawdown that must be?From 2800K to less than 541K is -80%!
    And all of that in a few days only.
    Pure gambling and luck.

#12     Apr 29, 2007
  3. Pure luck and leverage. Get enough traders in a sample and somebody will do it.

#13     Apr 29, 2007
  4. Corelio

Corelio

Can this even be considered a strategy? How hard is to go full margin on stocks ready to make a move and then hope it goes your way?

ET quality of posts goes lower and lower as far as content almost on a daily basis.

Sad...it used to be a much different environment.

#14     Apr 29, 2007
  5. You're quoting the contestant, in his own words, when asked a question by thestreet.com

I posted the article because I was impressed with anyone who had a one month performance of + 2800%, and a two day performance of +2000%...

...however they got there.

I'm not endorsing his strategy that took him there.

#15     Apr 29, 2007
  6. The good news about publishing numbers from these pure luck, dart throwing monkeys is, it will attract more dumb money to the markets, making them less efficient and easier to trade :p

#16     Apr 29, 2007
  7. This is how this will play out:

Contestant gets cocky, thinking that gambling--err, trading-- with play money is the same as real money.

Contestant borrows money from family and credit cards, and trades for real, on margin.

Contestant-turned-trader loses everything in 6 months.

Trader works 3 jobs for the next 30 yrs to repay all the debt.

Family disowns him.

Then the next stock picking game will come along, and (repeat above).

#17     Apr 29, 2007
  8. A nice bonus 4 us!

#18     Apr 29, 2007
  9. well luck plays a large component in all trading unless you are a daytrader or scalper.

you could have two pair queens aces and some guy beats u on flush draw on the river. u could be playing "correctly", and never make it.

trading is still gambling with a positive expectancy. whether you hit it big is a question of chance, since the probability of an event is the chance that it will happen.

#19     Apr 29, 2007
  10. Sounds like alot of prop trading firms.

#20     Apr 29, 2007