1000 vehicles heading our way????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TM_Direct, Mar 26, 2003.

1. 1000 Iraqi trucks in the sand,
    1000 Iraqi trucks,
    1 can't run and then blows up,
    999 Iraqi trucks in the sand.

SING IT!

999 Iraqi trucks in the sand,
    999 Iraqi trucks,
    1 can't run and then blows up,
    998 Iraqi trucks in the sand!

#21     Mar 26, 2003
  2. Now we have a song to replace the Dixie Chicks, three trailer park morons who will be working at the Walmart cosmetic counter this time next year.

#22     Mar 26, 2003
  3. They couldn't charge successfully with a gold AmEx card.

#23     Mar 26, 2003
  4. the whole 1,000 tank thing has turned out to be BS. It never happened. It is being blamed on misinformation.

However, 1,000 US paratroopers have landed in the Kurdish zone in northern Iraq and seized an airfield intact which can be used to haul in supplies.

Also a huge caravan of Iraqi mechanized troops has been totally destroyed by British air attack outside of Basra.

#24     Mar 26, 2003
  5. What I can't fathom is how someone can accidently create information that a mass of 1,000 vehicles is moving. I understand that being in a desert leaves one susceptible to a mirage, but that might account for someone saying, "Hey, I think I saw a truck over there" ... NOT ... "Hey, I think I see 1,000 trucks moving over there."

We have satellites and all kinds of high-tech shit and a news story about 1,000 vehicles leaks out and stays uncorrected for hours?

Who's asleep at the operational center?

Not only was this party able to incorrectly state that vehicles were moving to meet our troops, but they were also able to correctly count 1,000 things that weren't even there. They put a number on it!

?????

#25     Mar 27, 2003
  6. The misinformation was an attempt by the coalition of the willing to see if the Evil Iraqi Scum had an operational command and control out of Baghdad... undoubtedly, communications between an angry Baghdad and a denying Basra would have been intensely monitored and communication locations within Basra would have been pinpointed by US satellites to create a target list...

A similar trick was used on the first day... Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz was alleged to have defected to Northern Iraqi Kurds... when he emerged in Baghdad to deny this, US satellites locked on to his movements, in order to allow a cruise missile attack in a Baghdad suburb...

Misinformation in a satellite and communications intercept world is a useful tactic to smoke out and track the Evil Iraqi Scum enemy...

#26     Mar 27, 2003
  7. Another thought... if indeed there actually was a large column of Iraqi armor coming out of Baghdad, it could have been initiated by the USA jamming the TV and Radio stations in Basra, and the USA transmitting false pro-Iraqi radio messages telling the convoy to leave Basra and attack...

Whatever caused the Iraqi armor (irrespective of whether it was 3 vehicles or 1000) to leave Basra, it was a pure suicidal action... our brave fighter pilots could take out the Evil Iraqi Scum like sitting ducks...

#27     Mar 27, 2003
  8. ....which all goes back to my orignal point of..."WHAT THE F#ck"???? it didn't make sense and I think it's time to bring the reporters home becuasse they may be adding to the confusion.

#28     Mar 27, 2003