1000 QQQ SSF trading is better than NQ.

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Fohat, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

I wouldn't be surpised to see lower fees within a year. These guys really need to worry about their business, the initiatives to take business away from them are increasing in the states and the eurex has announced it will enter the Us-market. You can bet on them to be agressive.

#21     Nov 28, 2002
  2. Make those fees higher

"Effective 1 December, the EUREX will implement new fees for excessive use of system resources. EUREX will consider any order submission, modification, or cancellation as a system transaction. Fees will be levied on users who create excessive system transactions relative to the number of executed orders, in excess of the ratio 5:1.

IB is forced to pass on these charges to customers. Accordingly, all order submissions, modifications, and cancels will be charged 0.50€ per order. Executed orders will generate a 2.50€ credit against other system transactions in the same product on the same day."

Strange ...

#22     Dec 2, 2002
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Do you know if a change in a traling stop-loss counts as a system transaction? If so, i think this pretty much braindead!!!!

#23     Dec 2, 2002
  4. 1 contract is 100 shares. Not 1000 so you are way off!

#24     Dec 2, 2002
  5. ges

ges

You just type in QQQ and then select 'future' as the underlying type in the popup box, then select month. You can't do this if you have 'quick stock entry' selected.

g

#25     Jun 12, 2003
  6. I just spoke with IB, they offer the 1000 QQQ future to their institutional accounts only with $1 commission. They told me you need around $1.5 million US to open an institutional account by the way. :eek:

#26     Jun 13, 2003
  7. x-or

x-or

Do you know if a change in a traling stop-loss counts as a system transaction?

Yes, it does.

If so, i think this pretty much braindead!!!!

I agree.

#27     Jun 15, 2003