+1000% in a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Dharmakaya, May 1, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Really? So if I open an account with $10,000 in it and I buy 5 contracts and news hits the wire that causes the S&P to drop 100 points, I'm not responsible for the additional $15,000 loss?

#11     May 2, 2010

2. You are not responsible as far as i know at least.

#12     May 2, 2010
  3. Damn i can´t handle the pressure. :D
    Enough of emotions to handle there already without a live audience. Maybe because it has happened a few times that when i talk big shit happens.
    Sorry but i will only post the trades after the fact.

I only short.
    I am so used to looking at the charts that way. So why not just stand on my head? Well..hmm..Price action i suppose.
    For now i go with what i feel is right..

#13     May 3, 2010
  4. MTE

MTE

In your dreams!

Of course you are responsible! You can lose more than what's in your account with futures. It is options (assuming you only buy them) that you can't lose more than you have.

#14     May 3, 2010
  5. Hmm..Then it sounds like a scam. Customers paying for a brokers loss. Well i would not be surprised if it´s in there somewhere after all these bank bailouts.

But they would have major problems getting their hands on the money.

#15     May 3, 2010
  6. MTE

MTE

What are you talking about!? Customers are paying for their own losses not broker's! It's not broker's fault that you took on a position that is too big for your account.

#16     May 3, 2010
  7. markcfd

markcfd

Lol
    Im amazed at how people come here that are trading yet have no idea of the basics.

#17     May 3, 2010
  8. Well margin call etc are supposed to protect. But i don´t know what the law says if we have an alien attack and futures are down 50% on Monday opening.
    I say they should not start a broker firm if they can´t fund it.

But i would not take that risk anyway. Since i don´t have much money there is nothing for them to steal.

#18     May 3, 2010
  9. MTE

MTE

A margin call cannot protect in case of a price gap. In any case, the broker is there to fill your orders not to clean up after you. You seem to be completely oblivious as to how the markets work. Futures are no different to CFDs from the point of view of risk of losing more than you have.

#19     May 3, 2010
  10. Nobody has protection against that. When shit hits the fan, it will really hit the fan.

#20     May 3, 2010