100% Winners - Is This Arbitrage Stuff For Real?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jets001, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Money lines are spread neutral. The handicap and vig is embedded in the payout. -250 means you're betting $250 to earn $100 on the favorite. $250 pays $350 if you're betting the favorite and they win outright.

#21     Mar 29, 2011
  2. Can you show me the math behind how that works? I don't know how sports betting works or what "win at [price]" means.

#22     Mar 29, 2011
  3. is it any dumber than the stories about pimply faced geeks making millions playing poker online?

I didnt know there were so many morons to take the other side

#23     Mar 29, 2011
  4. topeak

topeak

too many of these 100% winning stuff online.
    if it was so, then the house will fall...but house always wins.

#24     Mar 29, 2011
  5. Visaria

Visaria

1. Yes, more than i care to admit. I have made excellent money from it in the past, however that's because the big arbs were in the past and bookies would let you do big bets. The profit margin for doing arbs these days is v low imo, not worth the time or effort.
    2. Yes, however I am based in the UK, whereas I believe you are based in the US where I believe sports betting over the web is illegal?
    3. They will probably limit the amount you can have on a wager first. Then they may close your acct down.
    4. No.

add: actually, you will find it near impossible to open an act with any online bookie, they do not take US customers. If you manage to open one, they will void your winnings and probably confiscate your money when they realise you are from the US.

#25     Mar 29, 2011
  6. Impossible? Hardly. I had an account with a major exotics dealer in France, using an EU VPN. I used the identical setup to work with WillHill and Ladbrokes. before the VPN I simply had a physical server setup in the UK, and one in Sweden by which I controlled via remote access.

#26     Mar 29, 2011
  7. Visaria

Visaria

What do you do when they ask for documents (like a passport, driving license) to confirm your ID? Many bookies do this when you wish to withdraw your money.

#27     Mar 29, 2011
  8. probably never had any winnings, so the point was moot

[​IMG]

#28     Mar 29, 2011
  9. Lucias

Lucias

I read an article about some professionals doing this and making a good living. The article basically stated they were doing sports arb just like this software described (I got the advert too).

However, the article claimed that a good knowledge of sports was required and that most of these guys weren't doing pure arb but a combination of arb and speculation.

I have no interest in sports betting and as others have mentioned would be dubious of the various brokers.

One of the obvious risks of using of any arb is that you get filled on 1 leg of the bet but not the other.

It would be interesting to hear back from anyone who tries the software about whether it works on this thread or if anyone does professional sports arb.

#29     Mar 29, 2011
  10. Visaria

Visaria

Whether or not atticus was arbing, I don't know, but if you are arbing you win with one bookie and lose to the other.

#30     Mar 30, 2011