100% returns

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TudorJones, Feb 23, 2007.

1. What's SO special about that point where you just made your first 100% return in your trading account?

2. nothing special if it was luck. but if it was from a regimented method, then you look at the market as a ATM.

The problem comes in when it was luck but you think it was from a regimented method. Then the market shows you it was just luck afterall.. as many realized in March 2000.

3. wrong answer..

You can do better... :p

4. <i>"What's SO special about that point where you just made your first 100% return in your trading account?"</i>

In how brief a time? Month, or week?

5. Even though the duration (time it takes to reach this 100% point mark) matters when measuring your performance... it shouldn't matter to my question.

6. Nothing.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is special, because at that point you are better than 90+% of all traders... :)

8. "What's SO special about that point where you just made your first 100% return in your trading account?"

(Talking about individual stocks)
    I've read about it but could I do it? I did it. Can I do it again? It's possible. I did it, again. Now what? It gave me more confidence, and more patience. Much quicker to cut a loss or weed out a bad pick. It was just too damn hard getting the 100%.

The enemy was selling too early, I try to avoid the traps of the past. My criteria has changed.

9. come on.... There is something very very special about that +100% point.

10. I'm up 123% in the last 12 months and I don't know the answer, I guess I still have work to do.

My guess would be... you can now withdraw your initiatial capital and you still have an account size equal to your starting size, except your risk is all market profits.

#10     Feb 24, 2007