100% Return In 9 Trading Days!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by permabull, Aug 15, 2002.

1. rs7

rs7

1: Schwab brokers don't get paid on commissions. At least according to their advertising. So being good? I thought they were order takers.

2: Penny stocks...always a wise investment.

3: Throwing "savings" at this "opportunity"....this has to be a joke.

4: Too many of us here have been brokers. So this is not an uninformed group.

5: If you can retire, then what would be the point of risking this money? Stocks are for making money. You should be buying bonds. They are for retaining capital. Ask your broker.

6: I will not respond to this thread again. I will not respond to this thread again. I will not respond to this thread again. I will not etc., etc. etc.

#21     Aug 15, 2002
  2. Then why did you buy this year? Don't you think the P/E will take out this year's low within 18 months?

#22     Aug 15, 2002
  3. Being cynical has to do with the fact that most of us have had experiences that were less than favorable with brokers. Others enjoy the autonomy and self determination that trading our own accounts provides. If you have had good experiences, congrats..... Most people in the U.S. have NO IDEA what to do in the markets (you may be included in the group based on your statements), thus, a perfect group for the so-called professionals to fleece!!!

I guess your friend is the ultimate philanthropist...... I'll posit this.... If he was so good at what he does why would he require the "steady income" from a regular stiff job? If they were that good they wouldn't NEED the regular paycheck because they'd live off the boatload of cash they have and provide their expert opinions to the followers for FREE!!! You mean to tell us that brokers don't have an agenda, commissions?

I agree with some of the others, this is a BS thread to annoy.

Later,

Cracked

#23     Aug 15, 2002
  4. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Permabull let me tell you a story. From what your post says I am guessing you are some what new to investing. (Please let me know if I'm wrong in my thinking.) If you are new then your story is so much like mine it is shocking. About 2 years ago one of my good friends was a top broker for Schwab where I live. This guy was a market guru. Had had investing seminars that many people would pay to attend. He had so many awards from Schwab that I could not even count them all (and I'm a good counter!) I really wanted to start trading so I started reading about investing not trading. I wanted to understand the market and how it works first. Then I spent a lot of time with my broker friend getting all of his "incite" about the market. When I was finally ready to invest (I started investing not trading) my broker showed me some good penny stocks. I liked them as well so I loaded up on them. About a month later I was up about 25%, not bad for that time. I was blow away! I thought making money in the stock market was the best thing ever. It was so easy, I was sure to be rich.

Long story short, just 8 months later I had completely blown out my account. Didn't even know what happened. I realized that this stuff is simple but it is far from easy. I never talk to my broker friend anymore. Last time I did he was no longer with Schwab and he was going through some hard times.

The point is learn to invest or trade your self. It will pay off in the long run.

#24     Aug 15, 2002
  5. sabena

sabena

Look Permabull,

After your broker has given 20 times a recommen-
    dation and you made money than the chance that
    he knowns what he is saying is much bigger
    than after just 1 time....

#25     Aug 15, 2002
  6. It looks like an overwhelming majority of traders think I should take all my profits off the table.

This does seem to go against the rule, or should I say good habit, of "letting winners run". I read that is one of the main reasons why daytraders fail. Because they don't let their winners run, they let their losers run.

As an aspiring trader, I think I should at least instill this discipline now rather than learn it the hard way later during a nasty fall due to this bad habit.

So, I'll go with #2 and take some profit off the table, and leave the rest on.

I don't know much about options, but I do know that buying options is an easy way to lose money from premiums. So rather than roll over to the next month, I'll take delivery of the stock on expiration. To protect myself against any nasty fall tomorrow, I'll sell my stocks tonight.

I'm hoping we get one more up day tomorrow, because then I will also sell my futures as some have mentioned them to be too risky.

So by tomorrows close, I will be out of all options and futures, and be left with only stock.

This way, I'll take 2/3 profit, and let 1/3 profit ride for a few months. These stocks are mostly tech stocks on the advice of my broker.

Thus I'll actually have in the bank 73% profit and I'll only be risking 33% of my original stake.

Thank you eliters.

#26     Aug 15, 2002
  7. hmmm...reading permabulls other comments..i have to agree...this thread is just a stupid waste of time..

with the wealth of information here on elite (especially my posts :D ) a person would have to be an absolute idiot to make the kind of comments permabull is..

#27     Aug 15, 2002
  8. You're a riot......

#28     Aug 15, 2002
  9. Cesko

Cesko

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Trying to be helpful.

#29     Aug 15, 2002
  10. [
    QUOTE]Originally posted by sabena
    Permabull,

Change the word "cynic" into "critical",

that's a good attitude for a trader....

Maybe this broker known's what he is

saying......(is an exception on the rule)
    [/QUOTE]

actually, i think the word is nasty. There are so many nasty people here. As an aspiring trader, sharing my tale of investing, I am met with mostly nasty comments although some were indifferent, and a very few helpful, caring.

#30     Aug 15, 2002