$100 million possible?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by archimedes, Feb 22, 2006.

1. I'm going for $100 billion :D

#41     Feb 24, 2006
  2. mahras2

mahras2

I know its possible to make 100million. What I find ridiculous is pipgalore's absolutely retarded comment. What he's basically implying is that start with a <5000 account and make it 100 MM in 24 months. To top it off he seems to feel that liquidity in FX somehow also implies that its easier to make money in FX. Foolish to the core.

#42     Feb 24, 2006
  3. I am not implying it. I am making the flat statement with two important caveats:

1. You have to know how to trade the Forex with a reliable system.

2. You have know how to manage your money to build your account.

Remember a mind is like a parachute. It has to be open to work.

A trader who masters #1 and #2 above can, unless he undermines himself with negative self-fulling prophesies, can accomplish the goal in a liquid market in a couple of years.

It won't be easy, but it can be done.

Looking at the brokers confirmation where a $50K demo account was traded up to $1.1 million in 3 hours would be more productive than simply denying the possibility exists, like the ostrich that buries it head in the sand when threatened.

If you say you can't do it, you're right! You can't.

I remember the time that color pictures and video could not be
    delivered through copper wires. Now we have this foolish digital internet with streaming video in color.

Keep thinking negative mahras2. The rest of us are busy making things happen.

#43     Feb 25, 2006
  4. lundy

lundy

If you exclusively bought otm options on individual stocks and had a high win rate, I could see how you could make over 500% per year. I don't know what liquidity issues would arise though.

if...

#44     Feb 25, 2006
  5. gkishot

gkishot

PipsGalore, i am wondering what is that in your mind that makes forex market better than futures?

#45     Feb 25, 2006
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I am open to anything.

Like I mentioned, most traders won't get there not because they can't, but because they don't want too or don't believe the risk is worth the payoff.

Look at me, I'm repeating myself. :)

Honestly. How many traders on this thread are consistently profitable yet unwilling to swing for the fences with the small fortune they've amassed.

Most i bet.

#46     Feb 25, 2006
  7. $100 million possible?
    How do you determine the possibility of something?
    By finding instances or occurences of such thing and bewaring of hearseay and daydreaming.

Not many posters convinced me about having ever encountered this $100 million thing.

Probability? ....
    You fill in the blank

:cool: nononsense :cool:

#47     Feb 25, 2006
  8. Behold! We have ET's first reference to a Trillion Dollar account. It doesn't get any better than this, folks.

Oh, and while we're at it, a billion is 0.001% of a trillion. But what's a decimal point here or there?

Based on the profundity of your post, we confidently await news of your first trillion. Do keep us apprised.

#48     Feb 25, 2006
  9. Actually, a billion is a thousandth of a trillion, which is 0.1%.

#49     Feb 25, 2006
  10. mahras2

mahras2

A 1000 billion=1 trillion. 1/1000=0.001% which is indeed a thousandth.

0.1% is a tenth.

Pipsgalore> You see there is a difference between being negative and being realistic. I will wait until you have parlayed a <5000 account into 100MM in 24 months.

#50     Feb 25, 2006