$100 laptop.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Surf,

I hope I am not being too demanding. Could you make your calls with exact stops and targets. Also keep a running total on the stats...

I want to follow along from the beginning this time...The surf report gets rather lengthy.

Michael B.

#21     Oct 1, 2005

2. Hi savant,

I generally dont use stops nor hard targets. My experience has been that they are counter-productive in most instances. I prefer flowing and changing with the market once an entry is made. The exits are based on your personal risk parameters and goals for the trade.

surf

#22     Oct 1, 2005
  3. Could you please post YOUR trades before you do them? Hey I know you make money, and I just want to mirror them...:)

#23     Oct 1, 2005

4. i always do.

surf

#24     Oct 1, 2005
  5. No you don't...

I need exact prices!!! There is no waffling!

Thanks Surf, udaman! :)...

Michael B.

#25     Oct 1, 2005

6. Ok, i'll do my best for you. I always post my entry points before the fact.

best,

surfer:)

#26     Oct 1, 2005
  7. AND YOUR EXITS!!!! So I can fade you

#27     Oct 1, 2005

8. :D :D

#28     Oct 1, 2005
  9. i was kidding for the most part. i agree that distribution of information is critical thing. however, my point is about the distribution of $100 laptops to people living in famine and drought ridden desertland.. what is a computer gonna do for these starving people who never had an education, cannot read or write and are living like this under military force? also, no amount of science can stop nature and prevent famine. a computer is not going to bring rain. about the only thing it could do for these people is inspire them to revolt and then probably take a boat to america after half the village gets slaughtered. i guess i'm veering into something else.. fascist regimes and evil doers need to be uprooted before hand cranked laptops do any help. the only real difference between us and the starving is that we live in a free society.

#29     Oct 2, 2005
  10. It turns out that some rural farmers in Africa already use handhelds, connected together via solar-powered wireless relay stations. I heard about this last year. When dealers come to buy their crops, it's very useful to know what the going rate is in the city, where they'll be sold. The dealers, not surprisingly, will give a quote that's about half of the real price, but since the handhelds and networks have appeared, they can't lie as much.

#30     Oct 2, 2005