100 Days Until Taxmageddon

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Xspurt, Sep 24, 2012.

1. spending and taxes are exactly the same thing

#11     Sep 24, 2012
  2. there is no real correlation between higher taxes and lower growth. throughout our history there are examples of high taxes and strong growth and then other examples of low taxes and low growth.

we need to innovate. and not financial products that blow up ala the last ~7 years. Real innovation that produces a positive legacy (such as the tech boom).

#12     Sep 24, 2012
  3. I think they've been working on it ever since the caveman invented fire, but there are still plenty of innovations yet to be discovered in the energy field. And the fact that if we don't come up with something pretty quick we are doomed should be a real incentive.

#13     Sep 24, 2012
  4. I think romney said it best... as to why this is happening

"only about 1/2 of people pay taxes"
    ----------------> So this should be good news for one half of the population

#14     Sep 25, 2012
  5. Easy if you spend other peoples' money......

#15     Sep 25, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

:confused:

#16     Sep 26, 2012
  7. well piezoe, you're smarter than I am, please explain to me how taxing is different than spending.

If we buy those F35's that you don't want so much, will that be a tax on me (or my descendents)?

#17     Sep 26, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Today's taxing is the theft of your money so the D.C. whores can be spending it on what makes them happy via the "deals" they are constantly making.

#18     Sep 26, 2012
  9. This will be America's "Second Revolution"... inevitable... just can't say how soon.

#19     Sep 26, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Government spending and printing of dollars is what is promoting debt and inflation and damaging the country.

#20     Sep 26, 2012