100% budget cuts for PBS, NPR and NEA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Snarkhund, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Trump has cut-off all federal funding to the leftist propaganda arms of the democratic party namely the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Public Radio and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Its about time. Hollywood is screaming bloody murder about it. I couldn't be happier.

2. achilles28

achilles28

Wonderful. Trump !! Wish they would defund CBC in Canada..

3. Congress will fold on this and other proposed cuts. Cowardly republicans would rather fund their opposition than be criticized by leftwing media.

MoneyMatthew likes this.
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Its funny watching all of the Hollywood celebs throw a temper tantrum when the government wont pay for their shit, they are all multi millionaires, if they want these places around so badly why dont they pony up the cash?

Why should taxpayers be forced to subsidize a bunch of rich loons from hollywood?

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I doubt these entities will take a 100% budget cut. Most of them have programs with multi-year contracts. If the government backs out then the government will still have to do payouts for cancelling the contracts. Since the contracts are not only backed by the agency but the federal government.

I believe NPR could stay in business with private funding and commercials. In many states, the state would continue to fund PBS on TV. Individual NEA exhibits would be picked up by local or state governments, but many things would fade out. Strangely enough a number of NEA exhibits are located at National Park locations and the National Park Service would be forced to still maintain them or remove them (think of all the statues, etc that are older that still get NEA funding for cleaning etc.).

6. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps you should sit in on a junior high civics class.

7. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

That isn't necessary. That last 2 decades of leftist propaganda broadcast nightly on taxpayer-funded NPR was sufficient.

8. piezoe

piezoe

I was thinking you wouldn't be quite so susceptible to propaganda if only you were educated. It seems I may be wrong.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Anyone who listens to NPR (and I do) would be hard pressed to state that the coverage does not lean left.

achilles28, Snarkhund, jem and 2 others like this.
  10. Why is it that leftists think insulting people is an effective means of argument? Or is it just so natural for them to try to censor dissent that it carries over into everyday discussions?

Plenty of well-educated people think government funding of broadcasters is a terrible idea, regardless of political leanings. Government funds all kinds of anachronisms, from NATO to PBS. Trump is examining them with a businessman's eye on the bottom line and sees lots of fat to trim.

#10     Mar 20, 2017