100-1 Lupo is Loco

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Avalanche, Sep 19, 2002.

1. No bets allowed on this, so he doesn't risk anything by setting these odds.

If he is wrong, nothing lost.

If he is right, he gets to hype the fact he "predicted" an unlikely stock market bet and get good publicity for himself and his company.

Just like they hyped his Sopranos pick in that article. How many did he get wrong last year?

Not too foolish!

"Too much cash is waiting on the sidelines." - LOL! Brilliant analysis! CNBC could do better.

#11     Feb 5, 2003
  2. No bets allowed on this, so he doesn't risk anything by setting these odds.

If he is wrong, nothing lost.

If he is right, he gets to hype the fact he "predicted" an unlikely stock market bet and get good publicity for himself and his company.

Just like they hyped his Sopranos pick in that article. How many did he get wrong last year?

Not too foolish!

#12     Feb 5, 2003
  3. LOL....I think somebody actually still believes that law enforcement personnel are actually motivated to do their job correctly!

The Chicago property crimes division are all a bunch of lazy clowns who make Chief Wiggum look good by comparison. The federal authorities are about as ambitious and motivated as a long haired stoner.

There are no connected politicians with a personal grudge against me, so rest assured there's a 0% chance that law enforcment would put down their Krispy Kremes and bother to look into my gambling habits.

#13     Feb 5, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

trader,

I tried to PM you but I got a weird messsage. Are you able to recieve PM's ?

nitro :confused:

#14     Feb 5, 2003
  5. What a great comparison.

But gambling via the internet is a federal crime. I read where a doctor had his 70k Mercedes seized because he called his bookie from his car phone.

#15     Feb 7, 2003
  6. By the way, I know Lupo.

And Lupo is no Chief Wiggam.

#16     Feb 7, 2003
  7. ...Because some politician had it in for the unfortunate doctor.

Many laws are written to be broken- not to be kept. This way the government gets more control & leverage over the lives of decent law abiding citizens like myself.

The draconian drug laws, EEOC hiring requirements, EPA bullshit, and auto speed limits are other good examples of this. If the government wanted to bust me (or any of us for that matter), there are plenty of psudo-crimes they could dig up on me. Whether or not I'm brazenly conducting illegal gambling doesn't increase or decrease the chances of that happening.

However, in order to actually bust me, actual WORK must be done by law enforcement and prosecutors. The only crime these lazy slobs are actually motivated to solve is "the mystery of who stole my tasty creme filled eclairs from the breakroom fridge?"

#17     Feb 7, 2003
  8. Nordic

Nordic

LOL....I think somebody actually still believes that law enforcement personnel are actually motivated to do their job correctly!

I'm quite sure that I am not the only ET member with friends and family that are hard working motivated law enforcement personnel. They don't legislate the laws, but many put their lives on the line enforcing them.

#18     Feb 7, 2003
  9. ...and I certainly respect the cops who sacrificed their lives to save others on 9/11.

However, this is the exception- not the rule.
    I can assume you've never been the victim of a serious property crime. If you were, you'd know exactly where I'm coming from here.

#19     Feb 7, 2003
  10. "Laws are written to be broken"

Come on, man, come up with a better cliche.:)

#20     Feb 7, 2003