100-1 Leverage

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by streeter36, May 15, 2007.

1. Do some firms really offer 100-1 leverage? Do any firms offer more? With a 5K investment would I be given 100K to trade? Would a 20K investment give me 2 Mil. to trade? Or more? Or less? Just curious. I am new and just want to make sure I understand how it works before I accept a position.

Also, it seems a big question is income. I hear complaints about income. What is everyone's expectations? $500 per week? $1,000 per week? $10,000 per week? Obviously, the more the better, but I am just wanting to make sure I know what I am getting myself into and set realistic expectations.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. GGSAE

GGSAE

If you want realistic expectations you should put "-" before each dollar amount. Honestly you should do some searches on leverage and trader income, because your questions are so vague they can't be answered with a simple yes/no response.

3. im sure alot of firms will give you 100-1 leverage. not with only $5K in your account and you will need to have a proven track record first.

4. You are probably thinking of FX brokers, where offering 100-to-1 on <$50k accounts is quite common (sometimes as high as 200 or 400-to-1 I hear, though you'd have to be very crazy).

5. mrmoose

mrmoose

echo gives 100 to one

6. first off , its not the amount your given to trade with i can assure you ,,, start small if your just learning,, if you already have a strategy then the bp will have to follow accordingly,,, anyhow,, yes you can get up to 200-1 buying power,, but it will be a high fee low payout deal,,, go around 20-1 ish,, with a reputable firm on low per share or ticket deal IMO, and if your just learning,, try swifttrade, or title trade,, where you put no money down and work at there firms,, here is a list , all i ask in return is share it with others, http://www.utropix.com/jmowery/PropFirms.html

7. A big difference between "leverage" and "use of capital." Leverage infers that you will be able to simply buy 100 times more shares of a stock or something like that. Use of capital, as we offer, allows traders with $20K to place $2million worth of opening only orders (for example), and to perhaps carry hedged positions, but certainly not to buy even 5000 shares of GOOG or something ridiculous like that.

We monitor risk, not "leverage."

Serious traders, who can handle capital, are always welcome to use it.

FWIW,

Don

8. ssss

ssss

Dear Don

What is the best stock trader result by your company per
    any month(or 30-31 calendar days) in % on operator capital ?

(For small capital )

Relevant comment would appreciated

9. That would hard to determine (best), but I am sure that we have had traders with $20K make $50K or more in a month. And, I'm sure we have had traders with $50K lose $20K in a month (not very often, of course).

The capital use is just a tool for traders to use. Good traders get "paid" for their hard work, training, discipline, etc. (as we all know).

Don

10. ssss

ssss

That would hard to determine (best), but I am sure that we have had traders with $20K make $50K or more in a month. And, I'm sure we have had traders with $50K lose $20K in a month (not very often, of course).
    -------------------------------

Dear Don

Thank you for your message. If author understand you correctly best operator in he's
    best month in 10 years have record approx 150% (or more ?)on capital 20k$.
    this result is pure stock trading with high
    (how great ) margin

Result is full relevant from SEC point of view .
    Is this operator perfomance one from 500
    or from 1000 ?

Your respectfully

#10     May 16, 2007