$100,000,000,000,000,000 In three months

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Aug 27, 2006.

1. This thread had an idiotic subject and received the corresponding reactions.
    Perhaps we can start a new one with the following title:
    How many monitors do you need to make others believe you are a successful trader.

#41     Aug 28, 2006
  2. inCom

inCom

Actually, I have less than one: almost half the pixels got burnt (made in China).

#42     Aug 28, 2006
  3. romik

romik

:) I got a better one I think. The bigger the trader's ...., the more success (trading that is).

#43     Aug 28, 2006
  4. This thread is stupid. The utimate limiting factor is the liquidity of the stock which is far less than a couple million shares in most cases.

#44     Aug 28, 2006
  5. Of course, but only if you trade particularly illiquid markets during the summer months. Doesn't Larry offer just such a course? I think he does it live during his seminars. It is uncanny watching the universe's liquidity get sucked right into his trading account, and the attendees right along with it. And in real time!

As you no doubt are aware, Larry relies heavily on the COT report (Commitment of Trillionaires). Naturally, as a quadrillionaire, he regards the COT as dumb money.

#45     Aug 28, 2006
  6. Cheese

Cheese

The thread is about compounding and admittedly the title uses a really astronomic number for a bit of fun.

But compounding is very important to a highly productive and controlled trading strategy.
    :)

#46     Aug 28, 2006
  7. Larry the Black Hole of liquidity.

The Ever Star Gazing VIPER :D

#47     Aug 28, 2006
  8. The actual number is not so important as long as you enumerate them in multiples of 12. So if you had, say, 30 monitors and felt the justifiable need to boast, you would say, "I have a 2.5 count." Of course, with a count of 2.5 you could only hope to impress a parochial crowd, so choose your audience wisely.

In Europe, where life is decidedly more metric, the factor would be 10.

#48     Aug 28, 2006
  9. Yes, but that only applies to position trading.

#49     Aug 28, 2006
  10. I'd rob a bank and skip to step 27.

#50     Aug 28, 2006