10 Worst Performing Stocks in October

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Oct 31, 2015.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Among the companies that have reported quarterly results so far, 76% have reported earnings that are higher than the mean estimate, and 46% have reported revenues above the mean estimate. But there are some stocks that had a tough quarter and have continued to struggle through the month of October.

Of October’s 10 worst-performing S&P 500 stocks, four are energy stocks, three are in health care and three are technology stocks.

http://247wallst.com/investing/2015/10/31/10-worst-performing-stocks-in-october/

2. Weird list. They only picked big US stocks I guess. Valeant (VRX) is off 40% for the month, more than any of theirs, and it was about $60B before. Exact Science (EXAS) is smaller, $1-2B before, and is off more than 50%. I think I found a couple dozen 50% losers when I checked a screener, but most were smaller companies like Arch Coal (ACI) and such.

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  3. IMO .......The writer was struggling for a story and had to come up with something by the deadline. So the old tried-and-true Top/Bottom 10 List is always nice to fall back on. But he put no effort into it with a range of only -12% to -34%.

:)