10% unemployment but H1B visas accelerating

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Dec 10, 2009.

1. indexer

indexer

By the way, India will not allow lower cost foreigners to outsource jobs in their country.

#41     Dec 10, 2009
  2. So what's your point? Should US govt. make rules to force companies to hire laid-off workers for those positions?

With the increased life-standard in the developing nations, this cost benefit is not very attractive. Companies usually do not save more than 20-40% by outsourcing. So they tend to keep their critical operations local and move other not-so-critical operations offshore. If you make a tougher regulations, they'll also fly...

Admit it, live with it.

Happy trading :)

#42     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Arguing with H1B cheerleaders is pointless because most of them are open border immigration advocates hiding their true agenda behind bullshit economic arguments. Their entire theory resolves around an assumption that by bringing a diverse group of people (different ethnic groups) into the US, they can avert potential future nationalism, and by doing so, America would maintain a soft and a gentler society. But this is wishful thinking, because as resource competition between groups increases, so does group identity and ethnic conflicts.

#43     Dec 10, 2009
  4. that's exactly right

indians are shameless 2 faced scum - fucking parasites to the USA

India to Chinese investors: No more visas, hire Indians
    16 Sep 2009, 1919 hrs IST, Saibal Dasgupta, TNN

BEIJING: Chinese investors should employ more Indians to run their projects in India instead of carrying large number of workers from China. This Forex Converter
    Inspection at US Port of Entry
    Where Re comes from & goes
    Know about NRE/ NRO A/c
    is New Delhi’s latest response to complaints concerning India’s reluctance to grant enough visas for Chinese workers.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...re-visas-hire-Indians/articleshow/5019220.cms

#44     Dec 10, 2009
  5. it's not even wishfull thinking - it's raw 5th column invasion

#45     Dec 10, 2009
  6. If you move your clock 50-100 years back, you'll also find yourself an immigrant. Anyway...

Companies will do what works for them.

Govt. will do what gets vote for them.

IRS will continue to outsource their work.

And we'll always bitch about them. That is the least we can do.

Oh, wait... That is the most we can do ;-)

#46     Dec 10, 2009
  7. Listen, Fuctard, All these AMERICANS you're frothing at the mouth about because you're too stupid to defend your argument logically were ALL IMMIGRANTS.

'nuff said.

#47     Dec 10, 2009
  8. oh, out comes the 'we're all immigrants' arguement, right on schedule

try 160 years for me

and it was my great great grandfather, not me who was an immigrant

and your areguement pre-supposes that an offer available at one time, is available perpeutually

i'd love to be able to by florida coastland at the price people bought it after the 1920s land bust

but i cant - you know why? becasue they got their first, and their decendents make the rules on what is available at what terms - it's THEIRS, not MINE

get it?

if the citizens of the United states dont have a right to a voice on their own immigration policies, then who?

#48     Dec 10, 2009
  9. what's your country of birth?

#49     Dec 10, 2009
  10. Yep. because there are no American born pedofiles.

I see this thread has been taken over by xenophobes ready to paint their faces and do the rain dance for their tribes instead of facing the reality of a competitive world market - including a competitive labour market. It's useless to argue with that lot.

I will leave you with this, though. The countries that practice protectionism protect themselves only from prosperity and peace. Muslims in America are much less angry and better assimilated than Muslims in Europe because America tends to be a country of immigrants who are open to other immigrants (you lot excepted, of course). European countries have a lower standard of living, lower wages and higher long-term unemployment and more inter-group unrest as a result of their rigid policies. I know. I lived there.

Americans generally embrace anyone who wants to work hard who is friendly to them. That's what made this country great. Open immigration or not, somebody is hiring those Mexicans to do low skill work where it's too expensive to hire Americans - and that's besides the H1-B issue. In return, Americans get cheaper goods.

You can scream that it's unfair that foreign workers are hired all you want. The reality is that if you're not competitive, you wont' be hired. Full stop.

C ya'.

#50     Dec 10, 2009