10% unemployment but H1B visas accelerating

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Dec 10, 2009.

1. That's an impressive parade of non sequiturs and straw men.

Are you seriously claiming that a lazy, entitled American kid will join the marines to fight some H1-B visa holder on a battlefield while the Hi-B visa holder is working in a NYC office building? What are you talking about?

If an American kid is the best qualified for the job at the price the firm can afford to pay, he'll get the job. It's far less of a hassle to hire an American. If not, the firm will go with a foreigner or eliminate the position. It's that simple.

We shouldn't have any restrictions on labour movement at all. There's nothing like knowing you can be replaced in an instant to light a fire under someone's ass. Which, incidentally, is what makes foreign workers such good employees - in general.

I don't care what's on the video. I don't care how much law firms are helping firms get around idiotic labour laws. Nothing the lawyers do will change the laws of economics. Firms can't afford not to hire the best for the money they spend on labour. If American labour is more expensive and/or worth less, it will not be employed.

#31     Dec 10, 2009
  2. I spent a long time in investment banks. Trust me, I know what you're talking about. That's why I switched to trading - much less of the "big hat, no cattle" types. They don't survive.

But, that really applies to promotions. That tends to be a popularity contest and it's not an insignificant reason that many large corporations suck. But large corporations don't employ most of the employed in this country.

#32     Dec 10, 2009
  3. yup, and here's a youtube of immigration lawyers teaching the certification process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

The segment of the video drawing all the attention is one in which lawyers from Cohen & Grigsby's highly regarded immigration practice advocate methods to comply with a law requiring employers prove that they have tried to find qualified American workers before applying for a green card for a foreign worker. The lawyers urge the audience, in so many words, to do exactly the opposite.

"Our goal is clearly not to find a qualified and interested U.S. worker," said partner Lawrence Lebowitz on the video. "And, you know, that in a sense that sounds funny, but it's what we're trying to do here."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07173/796195-28.stm#ixzz0ZJBo4lPx

i had H-1bs tell me their firms did EXACTLY THAT, years before this video surfaced - everyone in tech knows they do it

It isnt an 'exception' it's standard industry practice

#33     Dec 10, 2009
  4. that's bullshit - you're just an racist anti-american jerk

you're scum

just curious angrycat, where are you from? - you dont have to be specific, the country will do

#34     Dec 10, 2009
  5. It's called nationalism dumbass. Despite globalization, we still have countries. We vote in them, we protect them, we develop them. So yes, having an "American First" policy in America is not such a crazy idea, is it?

You like hiring foreigners?

Than why the fuck don't you go to Calcutta (Kolkata) and get the hell out of the USA? Hire all the foreigners you want. Deal with their plumbing and electricity shortages... deal with their diseases... Shit in a hole in the ground. Wipe your ass with stale newspaper.

Americans made this country great FOR AMERICANS. Importing cheap labor from areas of the world that have yet to develop on their own is the equivalent of importing their POVERTY.

Treasonous Dumbass.

I'm not aganst immigration... but H1B and Outsourcing will have longterm effects... just wait and see. And it won't be pretty as this depression unfolds.

#35     Dec 10, 2009
  6. like most h-1b promoters, you're lying scum

Indian Commerce minister called the H-1b visa 'the outsourcing visa'

every indian outsourcer has access to H-1b as a business risk in their annual reports

7 out of 10 of the top h-1b users are indian outsourcers

you are a parasite, promoting displacement of american citizens, including those who come out of the armed services unemployed

just curious, what country were you born in?

#36     Dec 10, 2009

7. Wow! Interestingly enough it seems the folks here are ignoring the implications of this video.

Well The US will be a third rate nation in a few decades at this rate.

#37     Dec 10, 2009
  8. it's not that they dont understand it, it's that they support discrimination against US citizens

why? becasue there are a hell of a lot of people in this country who are from other countries, who intend to go back home. we're filling our country full of people who actually hate us

they praise globalism, and lecture us about capitalism, but many of them come from countries that were on the side of communism in the cold war. they were enemies then, and they're enemies now

they're scum who are here to steal everythinbg that isnt nailed down

#38     Dec 10, 2009
  9. #39     Dec 10, 2009
  10. indexer

indexer

I have seen salespeople from France and Canada hired on H1B visas to serve the US market. Its what ever a company can get away with.

#40     Dec 10, 2009