10 to 20% per month (40% with margin)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TraderEO, Nov 17, 2006.

1. TraderEO

TraderEO

Sold PKTR at $12.92

Up 11.91%

#41     Dec 1, 2006
  2. socalpt

socalpt

PKTR and DXPE just broke he upper trend lines, you sold too soon.

#42     Dec 1, 2006
  3. Noone buy bottoms and sell tops...only liars

#43     Dec 1, 2006
  4. socalpt

socalpt

"Noone buy bottoms and sell tops...only liars"

Are you suggesting buy top sell bottom?

#44     Dec 1, 2006
  5. TraderEO

TraderEO

In my paper trading, I am cycling in and out of this stock (what I post here is just part of a test on picking breakouts).

I'm doing pretty well with most trades, but making some MAJOR mistakes with others (ex. OVTI).

Because I am still learning, I'm very glad I am using paper money at this point.

However, I am getting ready to take my trading live. Does anyone have an opinion on ThinkorSwim.com?

#45     Dec 1, 2006
  6. TraderEO

TraderEO

One other thing, if this was an actual log of my specific dates & times of my Ins & Outs, I would have still gotten out of these two. But, I would/am looking for an entry point to get back in sometime next week (probably Monday afternoon).

On another note:
    The guy I share an office with (a real trader, not paper trader) had a 7% day yesterday (14% if you count his margin), trading ALY.

I totally missed seeing the opportunity. This is another example showing I have a HUGE amount left to learn.

BTW, thanks for your post. Posts like your's helps me review what I am doing, and helps me learn. I appreciate it.

-TraderEO

#46     Dec 1, 2006

7. Haha priceless :D

#47     Dec 1, 2006
  8. TraderEO

TraderEO

Out of OVTI @ 13.62
    A 22.92% loss.

In my paper trading account, I used a stop and reduced my loss some, but that is not part of this test.

I know a lot of people look down on paper trading, but I have to say that after 4 months of it, it has been VERY educational.

I have made and lost a lot of paper money (I am about even overall on my trading), gotten my ego bruised a few times, and I believe that I have about 50% of my trading system worked out.

Plus, I am seeing more clearly that the psychology of trading is a HUGE issue.

So, I still have lots of work left to do. :)

#48     Dec 2, 2006
  9. taowave

taowave

au contraire mon frere!!!

a quick look at implied vol vs historic vol is all you would need if you believe the above is true..

(or a simple breakout system with mm rules)

#49     Dec 2, 2006
  10. TraderEO

TraderEO

Selling
    WFR @ 43.42 = 17.22% change

#50     Dec 6, 2006