10 to 20% per month (40% with margin)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TraderEO, Nov 17, 2006.

1. TraderEO

TraderEO

One thing I like about the Stock Simulators is that they don't let me cheat on entries and exits.

But, as I watch the real money trader who I share an office with, I see that the psychology and feel are totally different with real money.

Thanks for the suggestion on the book.

#31     Nov 21, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

Your higherarchy of priorities is backwards.

the system and entries are not anywhere near as important as your money management and psycology.

ignore stock picking, ignore entry methods that s maybe 5% of the equation...work on a 50/50 coin toss theory on directions and how you will keep form losing money. when you have that down, then learn technical analysis, and entry.

you are doing what most people do in the order that most people do it.

Most people lose money.

#32     Nov 21, 2006
  3. dac8555

dac8555

wow..i cant believe i just spelled it that way...how embarrasing
    hierarchy. jesus. was i raised by a pack of wolves?

#33     Nov 21, 2006
  4. lindq

lindq

LOL! I think I am on solid ground here in saying that a system that predicts movement without knowing in which direction...probably needs some work!

#34     Nov 21, 2006
  5. socalpt

socalpt

Money management is my number one priority, you try to balance the number of trades depending on your wins and losses; and stay in control at all time, no impulse buying or selling by and learning the stock before hand.

#35     Nov 21, 2006
  6. I read to page 2 before I was certain it was spam.Saved the extra reading time so wrote this.

#36     Nov 21, 2006
  7. I'm sure 90%+ traders agree with this. Risk/Money management and psychology is the most important part. But I think stop orders take out alot of emotion in the game.

#37     Nov 21, 2006
  8. TraderEO

TraderEO

EXACTLY! That is one of the things I am doing here.

And, I am very thankful for the comments/suggestions I have gotten so far.

-TraderEO

#38     Nov 21, 2006
  9. TraderEO

TraderEO

Got to leave for the weekend, so I can't stay and watch it like I should ...

But, first two stocks have moved or at least begun their moves:

DELL up 11.08%
    BRCD up 13.01%

Money management, and exit techniques would come into play here, but that is not part of this particular test.

Have a great holiday.

-TraderEO
    (Simply A Trader In Trainng)

#39     Nov 22, 2006
  10. TraderEO

TraderEO

Sold DXPE
    at $27.70

Up 12.79%

#40     Nov 30, 2006