10 Republican states plan to Challenge Obama in court. Civil war??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I think the majority are for an intact Union. I am afraid this is going to be a nationwide problem in the future because there are currently 27 state sovereignty bills introduced. So far 4 have passed and 2 have failed. Things may settle down and it dies out. By the way, I am sure you know invoking the 10th Amendment is not secession. It is the states telling the Federal gov't you have over-stepped your bounds as outlined in the Constitution.

#41     Mar 22, 2010
  2. From my understanding only the mandate is questionable,the rest of the bill would remain intact.

The government will then have to subsidize the insurance companies to take those with pre existing conditions,that means higher taxes and higher health ins.Or the government will start giving everyone Medicare or start its own medical system.

Insurance companies can not last if they have to take those with pre existing conditions and everyone only gets insurance when they get sick,then the government will have to get involved.With the Republicans bringing this suit just remember who is leading us to the path of a government take over of health care

#42     Mar 22, 2010
  3. I'm thinking it might be a problem as well,we even have a Governor suggesting secession and a senator telling citizens not to pay taxes to the government.You have the Republican party and conservative media riling these people up

It wont be nearly as bad as the first civil war though.The government and military is far to advanced for a civil war to be even slightly competitive

I don't like a lot of things that have happened to the country,but we have a system that we can change the government without blood shed and I fully support that system

#43     Mar 22, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

What happens when a state refuses to pay?

There are several states that are under sever economic shortfalls, and are contemplating layoffs, furrows and a reduction in basic services in an effort to balance their budgets, when they don't have the billions to pay their medicade/medicare bill, and say we can't and no...... what will happen? We print more money to loan or bail them out?

This is a very real scenario that is about play out.

#44     Mar 22, 2010
  5. Remember where all this started and WHY..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

#45     Mar 22, 2010
  6. Only takes 34 states to call for a constiutional convention. My guess is that is a real possiblity.

Once that is assembled then the constitution can be re written to what ever suits the convention.

#46     Mar 23, 2010
  7. Have you forgotten that 50% of this country is in fact liberals or has some liberal views ?

Gore got the popular vote by a samll margin in 2000

Bush got the popular vote by a small margin in 2004

Obama won by over 10 million votes in 2008,you really think there is a chance of 34 states calling a constitutional convention when the country has that many liberals ?

You have a better chance of getting Obama out with a birther suit...hows that going btw LOL
    :D :D

#47     Mar 23, 2010
  8. maxpi

maxpi

That's cherry picked to start right at the time of 9/11..

#48     Mar 23, 2010
  9. I'll throw an office party just like I did for arafat, if obama goes out just like good ole abe.

#49     Mar 23, 2010
  10. Too silly but conversely lie-brals want to claim the minuscule contribution of man to global warming is causing it , go figure!

#50     Mar 23, 2010