10 Reasons You Should Never Have a Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by DT-waw, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

2. jem

jem

more trash from those who cater to psuedo intellectuals who enjoy being told they are superior.

I do believe that this is a emerging growth market.

I think I might start a business.

Sure you may have lost your job and your house but you are better than you neighbor.

3. maxpi

maxpi

There isn't any real proof that the earth is very old but guys like the author will swear they are right and anybody that doesn't agree with them is stupid.... oh, and closed minded!!

4. Don't you mean pseudo?

I don't know know "psuedo" means but I'm reminded of the song about not stepping on some guy's blue "psuedo" shoes.

5. Well, I would agree that one has to be open-minded to a fault in order to accept the premise of Christianity:

"The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."

:confused:

6. explain the premise...

love thy neighbor?

what science book ever taught you that science boy?

thunder dog .... like calling a fat man slim.

7. its no wonder our country has lost its edge when we have people in this day and age who will believe a primitive book over scientific evidence. the word stupid might be strong but willfully ignorant is spot on.

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/appalach1.htm

8. well said. you represent yourself well.

9. I think stupid is quite accurate in many cases. Check peilthetraveller's latest thread, in which he misspells the word 'atheist' in the thread title and then unbelievably tells us that he will continue to spell it that way even though it has been pointed out to him that it's wrong. Also check the inexplicable rant about forests and computers that starts his other recent religion thread.

jem is another famously illiterate religious whack-job on here. He has stated that he believes the earth is just over 6500 years old as stated in the bible.

You can't be cognitively normal and hold such beliefs.

#10     Dec 10, 2008