10 Reasons why I am giving away trading secrets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by timvodas, Oct 5, 2007.

1. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

#11     Oct 5, 2007
  2. empee

empee

Maybe you should stop trading stock tips from "Fast Money".

Don't get mad at me, I'm here to help. :p

#12     Oct 5, 2007

3. !!!!!!

#13     Oct 5, 2007
  4. ANOTHER IDIOT BITES THE DUST.
    Enough said:confused:

#14     Oct 5, 2007
  5. Trading is tough and dynamic. No matter what secrets you tell people, there are always something left behind in the back of your head that you won't tell. Trading should be all about cautions every in life.

#15     Oct 5, 2007
  6. Man this is one weird post.

Anek

#16     Oct 6, 2007
  7. lar

lar

Why does my contrarian view to ES's BS always get deleted? I thought there had to be some kind of violation of the rules to get a post delete?

I can't repost the entire thing but basically it said that ES and his Mrs Savant dual personality were the very first to find me learning the rules to "ignore" a poster.

His never lose, pool extraction, never gamble load of crap was an exercize in mental masterbation. He would ask for opinions but already had his mind made up.

Nice enough guy though. Just thoroughly deluded into thinking he had the key to the bank via an accounting mumbo jumbo called - uh - "unrealized losses". Just because you don't yet close out a losing position doesn't mean it doesn't count. A loss is a loss. In order to make money trading futures or options, you have to predict something. His delusion would not allow him to see that. It would also not allow him to see "no risk = no reward". We have to take some kind of risk in order to get paid.

If these "Trading Secrets" are ES's, be aware and skeptical. He probably has good intentions... just misguided ones.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#17     Oct 6, 2007
  8. Arbitrary irrational censorship.

Tim responded to a post of mine and called me "brother."

I replied "I'm not your brother, douchebag," and that was deleted.

So if you potentially threaten ET's advertising revenue from snake oil salesman, your posts get deleted.

I was also threatened with a message from Joe saying the following:

"Please watch your language on the forums; you can be banned for making slanderous comments."

This was in response to a thread of mine which was deleted, in which I honestly expressed my experiences with a bucketshop. I didn't make any "slanderous" comments - the thread's deletion was blatant censorship. I was trying to help people avoid trading at a firm where, if they say they want to trade trade elsewhere and leave on good terms, they receive verbal threats of lawsuits and are told they will be bombarded with so many lawysuits and so much legal harrasment that paying to defend yourself will be inevitable, so supposedly their only option is to continue to trade at the buckeshop.

I even sent the following message to Joe:

09-24-07 04:08 PM

I am not in understanding as to what comments I have made which can be perceived as slanderous. Can you please provide an example(s) of what you're referring to?

I was given no reply. Then, after having over 5,000 views and I think 10 pages of replies, over several days, it had its name changed, then was deleted.

I wonder how long this post will last...

Maybe that's why most the good traders left ET. They got sick and tired of being censored.

#18     Oct 6, 2007
  9. keyser1

keyser1

This thread...It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed

#19     Oct 6, 2007
  10. i don't know one good trader who became successful by learning someone's so-called "secrets".
    every trader should have his own strategy.

#20     Oct 6, 2007