10 Reasons Why Chrome OS Will Outshine Nokia, Linux on Netbooks

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by new$, Sep 17, 2009.

1. No way, no how is it "quite good enough". Interchanged documents are a headache - especially spreadsheets - far too often they don't display correctly or print correctly. And this is apart from usability issues, as OpenOffice is retina-burning in its sheer ugliness of presentation.

It's about 90% good for sharing, which sounds good, but in reality means it's a continual disaster in most companies because it means problems with multiple documents per day. It needs to be 99.99%.

Maybe one day, hopefully one day, but right now OpenOffice is still in a Penny wise, pound foolish state.

#11     Oct 4, 2009
  2. Actually it does and you're wrong. I know people who run VMware and use two operating systems. A couple friends in graphics design and marketing do it and it works great.

#12     Oct 4, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

The beauty of Google Docs is that you never lose them... even with autoarchival services I've lost documents.. I hate that mess... If OpenOffice EVER worked, at any time in the past or the present, it would be widespread. About every other year I install it to see if it's up to usability and every time I'm so glad to get rid of it after about a half an hour that it's unreal...

I just get a copy of Office Student Version every so often and I have a useful Excel going for me, I don't word process other than I have a lot of informal documents with Google docs for planning and diaries and whatnot...

#13     Oct 4, 2009
  4. jem

jem

I try to use open office in my business. The longest I went without switching back to word was about 10 days.

figuring out workarounds gets time consuming.

#14     Oct 4, 2009
  5. JACKASS

JACKASS

Random ,

r u aware tht u can save all files in MS O formats from OO ? wen i hv 2 send files to MS O users i just save them as xls/doc & it works fine always

r u hvng probs even after doin this?

have been a happy OO user for 10 years now - re the workaround s etc - well if u hav suff. hatred for MS (my 1st PC was W Me!!) u'll invest that time

think u need some evangelical fervour about open source - to be able to make the shift

#15     Nov 15, 2009