10 Reasons Why 2013 Will Be The Year You Quit Your Job

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DT-waw, Jan 24, 2013.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/12/10-reasons-why-2013-will-be-the-year-you-quit-your-job/

2) You’ve been replaced. Technology, outsourcing, a growing temp staffing industry, productivity efficiencies, have all replaced the middle class. The working class. Most jobs that existed 20 years ago aren’t needed now. Maybe they never were needed. The entire first decade of this century was spent with CEOs in their Park Avenue clubs crying through their cigars, “how are we going to fire all this dead weight?” 2008 finally gave them the chance. “It was the economy!” they said. The country has been out of a recession since 2009. Four years now. But the jobs have not come back. I asked many of these CEOs: did you just use that as an excuse to fire people, and they would wink and say, “let’s just leave it at that.”

I’m on the board of directors of a temp staffing company with $600 million in revenues. I can see it happening across every sector of the economy. Everyone is getting fired. Everyone is toilet paper now.

2. James Altucher:
    Along the way, he lost his savings and his marriage, and by his own admission suffered several nervous breakdowns.

Now Altucher has turned his misfortune into a source of wisdom and comfort for the despondent. He shares his insecurities and psychic traumas with 30,000 Twitter followers and on his blog, the Altucher Confidential

3. 100% true. Amen to Altucher, if that cat can make it big, anyone can.

surf

4. yup... jobless recoveries have been the norm since 1970. Karl Marx was right: the guy with the machines makes the money. That's why WIN == Work Is Nonprofit.