10 questions a Pro-Choice candidate is never asked by the media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Nov 2, 2012.

1. NO, but I would have for yours.

#11     Nov 3, 2012
  2. I can understand why people oppose abortion, but without it the US would be a very different place quite quickly.

I was watching a black talkshow about 10 years ago, and they were playing a taped segment from the late 1960's, in which a white economist was on the show and making a dire prediction. His premise was that far too many of the less educated and less ambitious members of the black community were having far too many children and that better educated and more ambitious were having far to few. He said that in about 20 years it would have a devastating effect on the black community, in terms of gangs and crime and also self sufficiency and upward mobility. At the time everyone was denouncing him as being one of these eugenics proponents. Yet I have seen the devastation that these young, unprepared and unfit mother's children have done to the inner cities. They often steal everything not tied down, terrorize the community and scare away businesses. Some of them end up shooting each other and then end up in jail for life...a total loss. A massive increase in this population would further the destruction of the black community and the United States as a whole at an even faster rate.

From the dawn of human civilization until maybe a hundred years ago, it was quite beneficial for most societies to encourage population growth, as extra labor was considered a good thing and large familites did not equate with crime and unemployment. In my opinion that situation does not still exist. I think that human civilization as entered a period where it is extremely important to have responsible reproduction. Expanding welfare rolls and or prison populations drastically is not in anyone's best interest in my opinion.

For those who are against all abortions, I have always wondered if they would still fell that way if their wife were raped by some stranger, maybe one of a different race...would they want her to have that baby? Would they want her to go thru 9 months of carrying that rapist baby then giving birth?

Ultimately, I think that a woman should have dominion over her own body, but I do understand and respect the views of the pro-life side.

Maybe a better strategy would be to get all women to get on birth control pills of some type as soon as they become teenagers, and to come off only when they decide to have children. Even if they get raped at some point, they would not have the extra burden of having to decide to bear the rapist child, or having an abortion.

#12     Nov 3, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

You can't blame population numbers as the problem. The success rate of black children born to married black couples is very similar to White families.
    One could argue that abortion causes more irresponsibility for the undereducated communities. No need for men or women to take responsibility or get married. Just vacuum the problem away.

The issue of rape / incest is painful. From the fetuses point of view to destroy him does not make sense.

There is no intellectual basis for legal abortion. The only basis would have to make it allowable for any abortion through 9 months. The fetus would only be property of the woman. Even then it is difficult to deny ownership to the father and then after its born to make the father legally responsible.
    How does the father lose his right to property he created for 9 months then make him responsible for the next 18 years.

Instead abortion is a social compromise at 3 months.

#13     Nov 3, 2012
  4. I am totally against abortion, as is everyone as far as I can tell. Pro-birth is one thing, but the bs about pro-life is nonsense. GOP will drop the kids, the mom, push death penalties, so many contradictions. Against contraception, treating women like cattle by invasion into their uterus.

I would never support a right to abort based on gender, ridiculous. As already noted, I am against abortion, and have spent thousands to give women alternatives like adoption. But, that's just me.

#14     Nov 3, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Is it ok to abort at the zygote stage?

#15     Nov 3, 2012
  6. The pro-life side doesn't reciprocate your sentiment. They don't respect a woman's right to abortion. They don't respect or give any credence to the concerns of a pregnant mother who does not wish to carry to term. They have no interest in the welfare of a child after it is born outside their religion and social-political groups. And they want people to feel bad about abortion. It makes it easier for them to press their "pro-life" efforts and suffuse public life with their fundamentalist Christianity.

Should Roe V. Wade go, 1/2 the states will outlaw abortion, 1/2 will retain its legality.

Once a fertilized egg is granted personhood by the state, the state has dominion over the life and body of a woman. Every choice she makes for herself she make's for the "person" inside her, even if it is a blob of undifferentiated cells. She takes a drink? She is forcibly feeding a minor alcohol. Smoke a cigarette? Poisoning a minor. Runs a marathon and miscarries? Negligent Homicide.

Roe V. Wade goes, the extreme Red states would eventually put in laws criminalizing behavior that could negatively impact a fetus under the rationale that it is a person deserving of protection by the state. Look at what happens today if there is a report of child abuse given to police. A social worker investigates, and if the social workers finds evidence of abuse, the state can separate the child from its home until a judicial determination is made. Well, you can't separate an fetus from its mother so if a pregnant is accused of endangering the fetus, the state could swoop in and forcibly relocate her to a "carry to term" center where her behavior would be monitored in the "interests of the unborn child".

Abortion is the spearhead issue for the right's dream to theocratize America. And if they are successful, the Right, ironically, up in arms over big government, would create a monstrous intrusive governmental facility .

#16     Nov 4, 2012