10 Pips Per Day - Everyday

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Trader200K, Dec 23, 2007.

1. bugscoe.....You need and account with funds to trade Forex. The thread title is 10 Pips Per Day - Everyday but no talk on account type and funding. I believe that might be important.

What sort of account do you recommend to capture an average of 10 pips a day? How about the funding?

#41     Dec 24, 2007
  2. If you've got liquidity problems then use a bucketshop marketmaker, they'll fill you 24/5 up to 7mio because they're on the other side of your trade! After a couple of weeks you'll probably get delays and slippage if you're consistently profitable but they will fill your orders eventually.

This is what makes me laugh about this business, everyone's looking for the impossible, give the guys who make trading available to little guys like us a break, they have to make a living as well!

#42     Dec 24, 2007
  3. My point was I don't use a bucket shop as they don't provide the service I want . However if one bucket shop happens to move a price out of line to take out stops or whatever then that could be used to your advantage. The classic example of this was the guaranteed no slippage stops of a few years ago. That was free money for a couple of years no question.

To claim it is impossible to earn great money trading fx is crazy.

#43     Dec 24, 2007
  4. lol, they dug their own hole with that one, I'm surprised it lasted so long!

Wasn't it Refco who reversed all those trades one NFP, guys were tripling their accounts in like 30 seconds.

I think the most dangerous thing about trading with a marketmaker is in case they go bust!

#44     Dec 24, 2007
  5. I'm not disputing that you can't earn great money trading FX. It's the 10 Pips Per Day - Everyday that I'm disputing, averaging 10 pips a day or 50 pips a week is not possible.

#45     Dec 24, 2007
  6. FXCM.

Thankfully I had seen the small print where they were no longer guaranteed. August 04 was it, but not sure of the year.

NFP came out very weak and euro dollar was 150 pips higher in seconds.

FXCM took eur dollar down 40 pips for a second or two thus tripping all the downside stops then caught the market up, wiping accounts out in seconds.

I do know of one london broker/market maker that lost around £1m that day as they got caught very short of euro doll on the announcement.

#46     Dec 24, 2007

7. Ah yes that's rght, FXCM, lol, triggered all the orders of traders who thought it was smart to straddle NFP, ouch!

#47     Dec 24, 2007
  8. You say that with such authority, if I didn't know any different I would almost believe you :eek:

#48     Dec 24, 2007
  9. rwk

rwk

Not possible with any size funding?

#49     Dec 24, 2007
  10. That is correct. It is not possible with any account to capture an average of 10 pips a day.

#50     Dec 24, 2007