10 Pips Per Day - Everyday

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Trader200K, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Who are you kidding, you love it :)

How have you done today? I did two trades on Eur/Usd for a miserable 18 pips and gave up!

#391     Jan 7, 2008
  2. Guilty as charged. LOL.

#392     Jan 7, 2008
  3. And the punishment, a week of confinement in a 10 x 8......with only forex-forex for company!

(just kidding forex-forex, we love you man)

#393     Jan 7, 2008
  4. I am quite familar with trading and the terminology used - once again, the snide commentary isn't necessary. But your post could have been taken a number of ways.

#394     Jan 7, 2008
  5. Geez Ivan it's a friendly little dig....

Example. I was at the mall with the fam yesterday and my wife was talking to a sec guard. Somewhere in the convo she took a shot at me and I didnt have a quick and snappy comeback.. It was a friendly dig. It wasnt personal. I laughed the security guard looked in shock, etc...

We would figure with 3000 + posts you have a clue...

Change your perspective, change your world...

#395     Jan 7, 2008
  6. Snide commentary? It's not meant to be snide, if you were familiar with terms such as risk, Profit & Loss, and Win:lose then we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Let's agree to disagree and move on shall we?

Virtual handshake, and apologies if I have offended you in any way.

(I must be getting mellow in my old age :) )

#396     Jan 7, 2008
  7. All markets involve long or short pairs.
    • AAPL/USD
    • RIMM/USD
    • RIM/CAD
    • GOOG/USD
    • NT/USD
    • NT/CAD
    • YM MAR 08/USD
    • NQH8/USD
    • YG FEB 08/USD
    • EUR/USD
    • USD/JPY
    • GBP/USD
    Solution?

I think below is correct but I didn't look up the USD amount on the GBP and JPY future contracts, a true non-USD currency future position should be long and short an equal amount of USD when the position is opened. The stock examples should be OK.
    • Buy (or sell) GBP Future BPH8 and Sell (or buy) JPY Future JYH8 = long (or short) GBP/JPY future position.
    • Buy 360 AAPL shares and sell 100 GOOG shares = long AAPL/GOOG.
    • Buy 540 AMD shares and sell 140 INTC shares = long AMD/INTC.

#397     Jan 7, 2008
  8. Good point, and of course, you always short (sell) something to buy (long) something else. No argument there.
    My reply was intended to compare cash forex with futures and futures options.

#398     Jan 7, 2008